Re: What happens if you electrolysise a water/alcohol mix ?

  • billy.turf
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 25, 2008
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "curiousswinger2003"
      <curiousswinger2003@...> wrote:

      > thanks for all the replies ... I was idly wondering if you could
      > electrolysize the water to nothing and be left with pure alcohol ....

      Yeah I supected that is what you were thinkin

      You get H2 and O seperatly because water is not conductive. It is such
      a good insulator that it breaks apart instead of conducting.

      This only works with pure distilled water. regular water has got stuff
      in it minerals and such, and does conduct electricity.

      Alcohol conducts so it will not work.