vacola

  • shanekirkman
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2002
      The vacola sterilizer i picked up 2nd hand is grey on the inside
      and takes a fair bit bit of rubbing with 360grit paper to get any
      copper to show thru,
      #1 Are they ment to be grey or should it be rubbed backed to copper,
      #2 The 1800w element is blown, I have bent a kettle element to fit
      but it is 1500w will the different wattage cause any problems.

      Thanks Shane.
    • Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2002
        Shane,

        > The vacola sterilizer i picked up 2nd hand is grey on the inside
        > and takes a fair bit bit of rubbing with 360grit paper to get any
        > copper to show thru,
        > #1 Are they ment to be grey or should it be rubbed backed to copper,
        > #2 The 1800w element is blown, I have bent a kettle element to fit
        > but it is 1500w will the different wattage cause any problems.

        Mine was silvery/shiny - I'd guessed stainless steel but might be wrong.
        The smaller wattage should be fine - just take a little longer to run things.

        Tony