Re: Cloudy Spirit Dont really know why.

  • rye_junkie1
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 19, 2008
      Friday night I took some of this cloudy stuff that had been sitting on
      the AC vent for a couple of days and took a pint and put it in the
      freezer like you had mentioned Harry. For another quart I Packed the
      1.5 copper tube I use for filtering with an inch of cotton and about
      4" of carbon and then cotton on top of the carbon. I took a SS rod
      and packed it down tight. Over the next few hours, drip by drip, The
      booze came out and is nice and clear.
      I am running some turbo low wines today and will cut some of this with
      the distilled water in question and some with with a brand that I have
      never had trouble with. Would the filtering have removed the fatty
      acids or is this clearing pointing the finger at the water? Either
      way I think the problem is solved for the moment.

      Mason