Re: [new_distillers] Electric Element Comtroler

  • Geoff Redman
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2002
      Hi Al,

      > Hi I attach a pic of a Triac controller I have built to
      > control the heating element. This will controll an element taking up
      > to 16Amps
      > 240 volts = element 3.8Kw
      > 220 volts = element 3.5Kw
      > 110 volts = element 1.7Kw

      Looks good. Do you adjust the period of a timer circuit to regulate the
      firing angle of the triac, or is there feedback from a thermocouple to control
      the column temperature as well?

      geoff
    • al lewis
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2002
        hi, the timing is altered. i do hope to add a controll circuit which will
        use a sensor in the mash later