Electric Element Comtroler

  • al lewis
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2002
      Hi I attach a pic of a Triac controller I have built to
      control the heating element. This will controll an element taking up
      to 16Amps
      240 volts = element 3.8Kw
      220 volts = element 3.5Kw
      110 volts = element 1.7Kw

      unfortunatly i do not have a sanner now mine had no drivers
      available for win xp.
      should any one be interested i will do my best to help.
      al

    • Geoff Redman
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2002
        Hi Al,

        > Hi I attach a pic of a Triac controller I have built to
        > control the heating element. This will controll an element taking up
        > to 16Amps
        > 240 volts = element 3.8Kw
        > 220 volts = element 3.5Kw
        > 110 volts = element 1.7Kw

        Looks good. Do you adjust the period of a timer circuit to regulate the
        firing angle of the triac, or is there feedback from a thermocouple to control
        the column temperature as well?

        geoff
      • al lewis
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2002
          hi, the timing is altered. i do hope to add a controll circuit which will
          use a sensor in the mash later