Moonshining

  • Stevensgang@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2000
      Hey Tony! Thanks for the information on the charcoal filtering. Which
      brings me to another question.My still is a simple pot still a 5 gal.
      stainless kettle with a compression fitting and copper tubing. I don't
      have a thermometer in it . [ I can't seem to find a food safe rubber
      stopper to slip my thermometer through.] Anyway is it possible to run a
      safe operation and get a good moonshine product by other means. As in
      throwing away the first portions and catching the middle? How do I know
      when to stop catching the alcohol being distilled? This is using a corn
      mash. Thanks!!!