RE: [new_distillers] insulation

  • Brian Shell - BDS (SC)
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2, 2002
      or you can try your commercial plumbing supply store. Just call a local
      plumber and if they don't have it ask where they get their supplies.

    • John Vandermeulen
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 25, 2002
        Hello all,
        just a suggestion + caution re: insulating the boiler. I know of two
        instances where old blankets and heavy towelling were wrapped around and on
        top of the boiler. This really does shorten the heat-up time! .... but it
        gets REALLLY hot under there and the blanketing/towel can easily catch fire.
        We thought of using space blanket instead, but even that can catch fire.
        George suggested using welder's fabric. It could be doubled and sewn into a
        long pocket, then stuffed with some sort of inflammable insulating material -
        fibreglass?
        John V
      • BOKAKOB
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 25, 2002

          If I have time I would make it out of glass fabric used for fiberglass and Corning type of insulation. Both materials dont burn.

           John Vandermeulen <vandermeulen@...> wrote:

          Hello all,
          just a suggestion + caution re: insulating the boiler.  I know of two
          instances where old blankets and heavy towelling were wrapped around and on
          top of the boiler.  This really does shorten the heat-up time! .... but it
          gets REALLLY hot under there and the blanketing/towel can easily catch fire.
          We thought of using space blanket instead, but even that can catch fire.
          George suggested using welder's fabric.  It could be doubled and sewn into a
          long pocket, then stuffed with some sort of inflammable insulating material -
          fibreglass?
          John V

          I can be wrong I must say.
          Cheers, Alex...