Re: Sugar wash

  • Garth
    Message 1 of 48 , Oct 2, 2008
      Yes that does make sense,however,if I adjust by controlling water
      flow my still to sit at the temperatures for each individual alcohol,
      from acetone to ethanol, for a period of time and it produces nothing
      does that therefore mean that those alchols are not in that wash. As
      soon as my thermometer reads 78 degrees my still will start to
      produce alcohol. Its just somthing I cant get my head round.

      Cheers
      Garth

      --- The exact link is: http://homedistiller.org/dtw.htm

    • Louis Bossy
      Message 48 of 48 , Feb 9, 2012
        From some practice .
        If up have acess to yeast nutients .then use white sugar .reason is that some brown sugar especially from brazil tends to give the distilate a bitter taste.anything that is properly cleaned like white sugar is beter , just like using ripe clean fruits.
        Louisbossy

        Sent from Samsung Mobile