Re: Sugar wash

  • daddyman00126
    Message 1 of 48 , Oct 2, 2008
      During the fermentation time the yeast have several different
      byproducts that it creates. By looking at the temperatures for
      distillation this should give you a clue.

      Acetone 56.5C (134F)
      Methanol (wood alcohol) 64C (147F)
      Ethyl acetate 77.1C (171F)
      Ethanol 78C (172F)
      2-Propanol (rubbing alcohol) 82C (180F)
      1-Propanol 97C (207F)
      Water 100C (212F)
      Butanol 116C (241F)
      Amyl alcohol 137.8C (280F)
      Furfural 161C (322F)

      Some of all these may and probably are in any sugar wash. That is why
      we distill to get rid of all the unwanted and keep the good stuff.

      Hope this helps

      The bsst for last
      BILL1BURP

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Garth" <notrealy67@...> wrote:

      > Hey guys,
      >
      > Is ethanol the only alcohol produced in a sugar wash, that is white
      > sugar and turbo yeast, or are other unwanted alcohols produced?
      >
      > Cheers Garth

    • Louis Bossy
      Message 48 of 48 , Feb 9, 2012
        From some practice .
        If up have acess to yeast nutients .then use white sugar .reason is that some brown sugar especially from brazil tends to give the distilate a bitter taste.anything that is properly cleaned like white sugar is beter , just like using ripe clean fruits.
        Louisbossy

        Sent from Samsung Mobile