please help

  • khalid12554
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
      I like to do my own drink but >>>>>
      one time I put 5kg suger+500g yeast+4L apple juice in 15L jack closed
      with airlock for 7 days = will give me 600ml of alcohol
      how come ?
      please I need to know?
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "khalid12554" <khalid12554@...>
        wrote:

        > I like to do my own drink but >>>>>
        > one time I put 5kg suger+500g yeast+4L apple juice in 15L jack closed
        > with airlock for 7 days = will give me 600ml of alcohol
        > how come ?
        > please I need to know?

        Assuming you're asking "how come so little alcohol?" then the answer
        is "no nutrients to feed the yeast". You need to learn how to approach
        this hobby. Use the tutorials on the website in the [Links] section.

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008

          Side Note to what Harry stated:

          Please read up on yeast nutrients for fementing in the Info Base and Harry's Alcohol Library and also this: http://maltosefalcons.com/tech/MB_Raines_Guide_to_Yeast_Culturing.php

          Vino es Veritas,

          Jim aka Waldo.

          > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "khalid12554" khalid12554@
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I like to do my own drink but >>>>>
          > > one time I put 5kg suger+500g yeast+4L apple juice in 15L jack closed
          > > with airlock for 7 days = will give me 600ml of alcohol
          > > how come ?
          > > please I need to know?
          > >

          > Assuming you're asking "how come so little alcohol?" then the answer
          > is "no nutrients to feed the yeast". You need to learn how to approach
          > this hobby. Use the tutorials on the website in the [Links] section.
          >

          > Slainte!
          > regards Harry

        • dulcetbrewer
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008
            Awesome, Harry.

            That's the neatest utilisation of RTFM I've ever seen.

            Dulcet.