Pyro's Pics

  • thepiro
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hi Friends

      I have put some pics of my set up in our pictures section of the site
      at "The Pyro's Easy set up"
      http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/new_distillers/photos/browse/3b0a

      The system is reasonably idiot proof and very efficient for making
      palatable booze.

      The method suggested by the main manufacturer will produce a
      reasonable drink and will keep most home brew fanatics content, but I
      have gone on a bit.

      The main marketers yeast gave me about 15% and that didn't please me,
      so I use yeast that gives 20%.

      On the first 4Ltrs through the still I take 2Ltrs at 40%, which I
      then run through the 3 filter jugs, which greatly improves the taste.

      From the second 4Ltrs I get 2.6Ltrs at 60% and on my third run I get
      3Ltrs at 80%

      It's a small still only holding 4Ltrs at a time with limited
      capabilities so it is slow work, but produces the goods. I am using
      this unit to learn our trade and may move on to something bigger when
      I finally retire to my place by the sea.

      The Pyro
    • daddyman00126
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2008
        I liked the condenser setup you have but I have one stupid question.

        What is the purpose of the breather tupe at the top left side of the
        condenser? That is if it is a breather tupe. I guess you could have
        to water intakes and one water outlet.

        The best for last
        BILL1BURP