what would happen if i added corn oil to a sugar wash?

  • homemade12476
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2008
      i was thinking about adding a 3/4 of a cup of corn oil to a 5gal
      sugar wash.my thinking it will is it will carry some of the corn
      taste over when distilled.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2008
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "homemade12476"
        <homemade12476@...> wrote:

        > i was thinking about adding a 3/4 of a cup of corn oil to a 5gal
        > sugar wash.my thinking it will is it will carry some of the corn
        > taste over when distilled.

        I don't think it will. Corn oil isn't volatile. Only volatile
        substances distil over. What it WILL do is reduce the surface tension
        of the wash in the boiler (less bubbles forming), thereby reducing any
        tendency to foaming or 'puking'.