Re: why is my MUM so dry?

  • homemade12476
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 2, 2008
      mason and jim i found the problem with my dry MUM.i had my great
      uncle try it in the old trusty old pot still i used to use.
      distilled only 2 times and tastes good.leaving me to think its the
      keg that was sitting for 2 years half full of beer.im going shopping
      for a new boiler in the morn.... P.S. jim, no more dry martini for
      me and mason stop putting your name on all my damn jars. ;)--- In
      new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "jamesonbeam1" <jamesonbeam1@...>
      wrote:

      > Homemade:
      >
      > Sparkloid is just for clarifying your wash. It has nothing to do
      with
      > "dryness" or your aluminum keg.
      >
      > If your not into martinis or drinking "dry" stuff, maybe following
      the
      > MUM recipe just using white cane sugar isnt for ya. You might
      want to
      > try checking out "maceration" in our Info base and going to a gin
      or
      > something. Also might want to explore going into rum making and
      > substituting molasses and brown sugars in the MUM recipe - there
      are
      > many many postings and info on this - ya could also try some
      brandy
      > mixtures [:)] . As far as saki goes, the Chinese make some even
      > stronger stuff that will put ya "under" and as far as "the maker
      will
      > leave his mark" goes - "Maker's Mark" is one of my favorite
      Bourbons