Re: Fresh Corn Whiskey

  • rye_junkie1
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 2, 2008
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "nevorami" <nevoa@...> wrote:

      > Mason
      > I have just upload some pictures of my still , please send me your
      > remarks for my previous message and my still.

      > Rami

      Hello Rami,
      Very nice work indeed. My only comment would be that the Needle valve
      is a little low in my opinion. I would have it as close to the bend
      at the top as I could get it.
      As for the strip run comments on both sides. I will always advocate
      the strip run as many others do but I urge you to try it both ways and
      do what works best for you and most of all TASTES best. The advantage
      to beer stripping is that it allows you to charge the still with a
      large content of low wines which in turn will give you a larger middle
      cut and cleaner product.

      Mason
    • Brendan Keith
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 2, 2008
        Are there any diagrams of the Bokakob 2 cup head? I looked through both
        Yahoo groups photo folders with no luck.

        --
        Brendan Keith
        bkeith@...

        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 2, 2008
          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Brendan Keith" <bkeith@...> wrote:

          > Are there any diagrams of the Bokakob 2 cup head? I looked through both
          > Yahoo groups photo folders with no luck.

          Go to http://homedistiller.org/
          Equipment
          Making a still
          Designs and Plans
          Bokakob Designs (all the way at bottom of list)
          Right hand Column 6th down from the top.

          I like it better than the slant plate design.

          Sorry but Homedistiller does not allow for direct links. Or at least
          I cant make it work.

          Mason
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 2, 2008

            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Brendan Keith" <bkeith@...> wrote:

            > Are there any diagrams of the Bokakob 2 cup head? I looked through both
            > Yahoo groups photo folders with no luck.
            >

            > --
            > Brendan Keith
            > bkeith@...

            They're on Tony's Homedistiller site...
            http://homedistiller.org/photos-alex.htm

            Be aware some of Alex's designs are concepts only i.e. they are 'on paper'. They've haven't been built as a prototype or road tested by the designer.  But most of 'em should work.  He said himself the 2-cup was "never finished".

            See here for a 2-cup build with pics...
            http://www.homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6842

          • nevorami
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 2, 2008
              Thank you Mason and other members of the group for your advises .
              I will be back with results , I hope , after my next run .

              Rami

              --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "rye_junkie1"
              <rye_junkie@...> wrote:

              > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "nevorami" <nevoa@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Mason
              > > I have just upload some pictures of my still , please send me
              your
              > > remarks for my previous message and my still.

              b=9

              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 3, 2008

                Actually Mason,

                Yes it does.  Go to the page you want there, right click on it and click on properties - you will get this for the Boka designs:  http://homedistiller.org/photos-alex.htm

                This is how I put links into the Info base.  Going to do it to this one too :).

                Vino es Veritas,

                Jim.