Re: why is my MUM so dry?

    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 2, 2008

      Homemade:

      Sparkloid is just for clarifying your wash.  It has nothing to do with "dryness" or your aluminum keg.

      If your not into martinis or drinking "dry" stuff, maybe following the MUM recipe just using white cane sugar isnt for ya.  You might want to try checking out "maceration" in our Info base and going to a gin or something.  Also might want to explore going into rum making and substituting molasses and brown sugars in the MUM recipe - there are many many postings and info on this - ya could also try some brandy mixtures :).  As far as saki goes, the Chinese make some even stronger stuff that will put ya "under" and as far as "the maker will leave his mark" goes - "Maker's Mark"  is one of my favorite Bourbons hehe.

      Vino es Veritas,

      James.

      "Shaken, not stirred please."

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "homemade12476" <homemade12476@...> wrote:

      > i have just started useing sparkloid,could this be the prob or mor
      > likly thr alum keg?my wash clears for about 4days.and as for you
      > james,im not a martini drinker but i can tell you this a small
      > japanse steakhouse thats makes some saki/timis that will put you
      > under....... "jack is a big man but jim is bigger",,sofar its it my
      > brothers saying but heres mine ,"the maker will leave his mark"i
      > guess its what you like tomuch at hurts ya.

    • homemade12476
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 2, 2008
        mason and jim i found the problem with my dry MUM.i had my great
        uncle try it in the old trusty old pot still i used to use.
        distilled only 2 times and tastes good.leaving me to think its the
        keg that was sitting for 2 years half full of beer.im going shopping
        for a new boiler in the morn.... P.S. jim, no more dry martini for
        me and mason stop putting your name on all my damn jars. ;)--- In
        new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "jamesonbeam1" <jamesonbeam1@...>