Re: [new_distillers] Regulating wash temp

  • klcampbell
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 26 3:17 AM
      G'day Brian,down in Aus. it is a case of using a heating pad underneath and
      an old jumper or cardigan wrapped around the outside to keep temps. up and
      in our summer I stand my fermenters in a shallow tray of water with an old
      sweat shirt covering the fermenter and hanging down into the water and have
      a fan blowing across them which evaporates the water and cools down the
      fermenters.In extreme conditions when the north winds blow and it can be 40C
      by 10 AM I freeze Coke bottles with water in them and float them in each
      fermenter.As I get wiser and considerable older I mainly ferment in the
      cooler months ,strip and store for later purification in the warmer period
      of the year,Regards,Ken.