Re: [new_distillers] Re: Chestnut Barrel aging?

  • Link D'Antoni
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 23, 2008
      Might try with Chestnut chips or just use some wood on smaller batch.  Just an idea.

      A while back I did some experimenting with Live Oak, Pecan, Hickory, Maple, Orange/Lemon & Cherry woods. Everything used to BBQ.  Ran a sugar wash (vodka), charcoal filtered then put on wood.
        Oh, the Live Oak was great as the Pecan.  The others didn't give enough flavors.   All the rejects were commingled (except Live Oak and Pecan). That commingled lot was actually really good.

      Link