Re: Burnt mash,

  • headsmashedin
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 20, 2008
      Absolutely, I am waiting for it to settle out and I will run it. What
      happened to me is my nylon bag broke while hanging full inside my
      boiler. I used it one too many times I guess. Won't happen again.
      Thanks for the advise and I will take great care as I distill it.
      Thanks again

      Heads

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "miciofelice2003"
      <miciofelice2003@...> wrote:

      > Ciao a tutti.
      >
      > I've not experience in it, but the "holy book" say that a slow,
      very
      > slow re-distillation, paying a lot of attention during the head
      > separation, will solve (I don't know how much because I've no
      > experience in it) the problem.
      > Anyway, why not to try?
      >
      > ciao a tutti
      >
      > micio felice
      >

      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "headsmashedin"
      > <headsmashedin@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I have a mash that has burnt a bit. Not bad as I cannot even see
      any
      > > burnt grain but I can smell it. Although, I will not run it
      through
      > my
      > > pot still because I know smell/taste will carry. With your
      > experiance,
      > > will that burnt smell carry over if I run it through a reflux? I
      have
      > > never burnt a mash before so I have not had to contend with this.
      > do
      > > not want to waste if I can at least salvage the alcohol in it.
      What