Re: Starting out MY FIRST BABY STEPS

  • onreybear
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 18, 2008
      > The alcohol concerns me as well. For that small rig I would consider
      > picking up one of those Coleman Burner heads that screw on to a
      > propane bottle. They are fully adjustable and you could probably do a
      > few strip runs with a single bottle. Pick it up in the camping
      > section at wally world when you go get your thermometer.
      > Also on the therm install. If you have a power drill of one sort or
      > another simply just drill a hole where you want to place it and seal
      > the therm with flour and water. Drill size I believe is 5/32" for
      > those Black digitals.
      >
      > Mason
      >
      > Mason

      Mason, thank you for your help and advice.. I am planning on spending
      time at the WALLY MART tomorrow and getting my list of needful things.

      I know I just tried the best I could with what I had and the HEART Run
      seemed to be OK a little strong taste but the first run was ok taste
      wise but very weak the last run or TAILS was TERRIBLE as far as smell
      and taste So I just set it aside for now... I will spend
      my time getting this set up so I can work with the unit and be able to
      keep records and know what I have done right or wrong... SO
      MANY THANKS to all
      *)o(*

      I have a butane head and small bottles from some home projects that I
      did a while back So I will try and set that up,,, QUESTION you think
      this is better then an adjustable heat HOTPLATE to set the POT ON?