Cleaning Out After Soldering Etc

  • Anthony Athawes
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11 10:20 PM
      Vinegar appears to be a perfectly good and gentle method, but I have a friend that has an acid tank for other mechanical processes.

      This cleans up the copper beautifully.

      I wasn't present when he dipped it - just long enough I imagine to come up bright. Further than this, there's a probability that the copper would be progressively eaten away(?).

      I think the acid is sulphuric (H2SO4), but will check this next time.

      Tony