Re: [new_distillers] Re: Heat Control

  • hllrsr@csolve.net
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 5, 2008
      Thanks for the info Harry, that was the circuit I had remembered seeing.
      As for the heat issue, the dimmer I'm planning on using IS rated for
      heating elements,(plus I'm using 1000W thru a 1500w rated switch) but
      due to the design of it, trying to measure the resistance of the pot
      won't work accurately.
      The dimmer circuit is basically the same as Pintoshine's circuit
      (according to the manu's website), which means you would be trying to
      read the resistance across the triac, unless you broke the seals to get
      into it.
      But the big question was/is at the reduced setting, am I looking at the
      1/2 voltage 1/4 wattage rule? Or does the fact that it is cutting part
      of the wave, in effect altering the frequency, mean that the reduction
      is linear?
      I'll try posting in the linked thread and see if someone knows.

      Cheers,
      Iain