The Spirit 'Safe' (was) Re: cuts by temp vs. abv

  • mavnkaf
    Message 1 of 28 , Aug 1, 2008
      Dang it Mav,
      Yas caught me lol.
      Sinp…………………
      just joking of course...
      See: http://heaven-hill.com/virtualTour/virtualTour.html from the
      Info base, and click on button 8 in the pictures.
      Vino es Veritas,
      Jim.

      Hi Jim, when I saw your reply I had a really good laugh, or is it,
      LoL. Thanks, I needed it!

      Hey, thanks for the link to that distillery, Heaven Hill Distillery,
      and Harry, thanks mate, for pointing out some things that might have
      been missed by the members of this group. Wow, aeration, might be a
      good way to mix things up, and hopefully do some ageingJ

      Jim that picture I linked to was from the Bruichladdich Distillery,
      check out the link, (Below), click on the bottom pic on the left.
      Yes there is a Duncan and Jim testing the single malt new make
      spirit. Master Distillers must have some access to the spirit
      (control Box) safe to in-print "their" style or to carry on the same
      old, same old, of course.

      http://tinyurl.com/5v2kww

      Cheers
      Marc
    • duds2u
      Message 2 of 28 , Aug 1, 2008
        > Jim that picture I linked to was from the Bruichladdich Distillery,
        > check out the link, (Below), click on the bottom pic on the left.
        > Yes there is a Duncan and Jim testing the single malt new make
        > spirit. Master Distillers must have some access to the spirit
        > (control Box) safe to in-print "their" style or to carry on the same
        > old, same old, of course.
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/5v2kww
        >
        > Cheers
        > Marc

        They sure do. Notice the "Big Old Brass Locks" (BOBL's) are missing.
        Cheers
        Mal T.
      • gff_stwrt
        Message 3 of 28 , Aug 2, 2008
          Hi, folks,

          I was wrong, of course, in the section I have copied from below and
          pasted here;

          "When liquid falls down the tube, the same amount
          of liquid flows over the top of the flask, because
          of the weight of the incoming liquid. Gravity, not the
          'application of force,
          above the level of the force of gravity',
          (just my description, not from some professor)
          which we know as 'pressure'."

          There are TWO separate possible forces at work (or not at work as
          the case may be) here, gravity, and
          'pressure', which we usually know as the presence of a force above
          the level of ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE.

          The physics professor's job is quite safe!

          Regards,

          The Baker

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "gff_stwrt" <gff_stwrt@...>