Re: Urn Boiler - How clean should it be?

  • wilsotic
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2008
      Thanks for the input fellas.

      I read the CLR bottle and it said not to use on open filaments so I
      went back to the old citric acid solution (ph 2) and set it boiling
      for a couple of hours.

      This seemed to soften the deposit and the brass brush on the drill
      worked a bit better. A couple of hours in front of the tv with the
      drill and it looks good as new - except for all the fine scratches!.

      As a test i timed the boiling speed. It got 28 litres of water from
      20c to 80c in 55 minutes. A bit of insulation should help that.

      regards

      Wilson.