Re: Bubbling wash

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2008
      Hey Heads,

      2 weeks is entirely too long.

      - Do you have a wine hydrometer and tested the FG?

      -What size are the bubbles - are they small , or is it one big bubble
      every 10 seconds?

      -Did you taste it? - Does it taste sweet, or is it a bit bitter and
      dry?

      If the bubbles are big - called dog bubbles, these come from trub at the
      bottom of your fermenter and will continue long after fermentation is
      finished and the SG is down to .990.

      Also next time, you should look into aeration in the beginning and also
      look into adding some wine nutrients containing yeast hulls or yeast
      extract for the vitamins, amino acids and lipids that yeast require.

      Vino es Veritas,

      Jim.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "headsmashedin"