Re: Oak in Aus

  • tippler106
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 30, 2008
      Hello Wilson, That specialty wood shop,That in Aus? Also Peter those
      200L barrels are Beenleigh barrels,not Bundy.Try craftbrewer.com.au
    • tippler106
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1 2:20 AM
        Hello, I feel I may have breeched the rules in the post. Hey I am
        battling to use one of these computers and I am sorry I answered the
        questions that were asked. I am not trying to sell anything.I live out
        in the bush and enjoy brewing and starting to get this old pot still
        to work that I was given. I watch all the posts and I have seen
        others give info about retailers to help with getting hardware and
        ingredients.I think I see now why I see pm me so we don't clog up the
        forum. A friendly note may have been more of a nice way to reprimand
        me. Tippler
      • mavnkaf
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 1 3:23 AM
          Hey Tippler, if you saw the Group rules, that happens month by month to
          remind members of the group, it's not directed at you, it's directed to
          tell All of us to be nice. For an example, posting while pissed with an
          anrgy tone. Me, done it, and not proud about it.

          There Are members here, and other distillers sites that know of places
          where you can buy Oak barrels around here, starves and off cuts. Maybe
          google Cooperage?

          http://www.sacooperage.com/

          Cheers
          Marc

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "tippler106" <tippler106@...>
          wrote:

          > Hello, I feel I may have breeched the rules in the post. Hey I am
          > battling to use one of these computers and I am sorry I answered the
          > questions that were asked. I am not trying to sell anything.I live out
          > in the bush and enjoy brewing and starting to get this old pot still
          > to work that I was given. I watch all the posts and I have seen
          > others give info about retailers to help with getting hardware and
          > ingredients.I think I see now why I see pm me so we don't clog up the
          > forum. A friendly note may have been more of a nice way to reprimand
          > me. Tippler

        • mavnkaf
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 1 3:42 AM
            As Side Note for Tippler106,

            The link I gave was the first one I saw, and won't be the best one
            for you of course. But still google cooperage, for Australia I'm
            sure you will find a wine mob that will sell very high qualitity Oak
            chips at different raosting states.

            Cheers
            Marc

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 1 5:12 AM

              Hey Tip,

              No you did not break any rules by suggesting suppliers for oak.  That posting for Group Rules - File - Group-Policy. html  is an automatic posting made on the first of every month to tell all new members (of which we are getting alot) about our Policies here.  There is nothing wrong with suggesting reputable suppliers to other members...

              The main concern is playing "fair" and not having vendors use this forum as a marketing means.  What you dont see are all the postings that myself and the other Moderators have to reject every week on totally off the wall advertisements from porno to car insurance LOL,  which vendors try to post to us.

              So please dont be offended in any way.

              Vino es Veritas,

              Jim.

              --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "tippler106" <tippler106@...> wrote:

              > Hello, I feel I may have breeched the rules in the post. Hey I am
              > battling to use one of these computers and I am sorry I answered the
              > questions that were asked. I am not trying to sell anything.I live out
              > in the bush and enjoy brewing and starting to get this old pot still
              > to work that I was given. I watch all the posts and I have seen
              > others give info about retailers to help with getting hardware and
              > ingredients.I think I see now why I see pm me so we don't clog up the
              > forum. A friendly note may have been more of a nice way to reprimand
              > me. Tippler

            • wilsotic
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 1 5:29 AM
                For the life of me I can't remember their name. I will work it out and
                let you know.

                But have a look through the yellow pages. Dont try the big ones like
                bunnings etc. The ones that do specialty woods will make it obvious.
                You shit hit paydirt within five phone calls.

                Wilson

                .new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "tippler106" <tippler106@...> wrote:

                > Hello Wilson, That specialty wood shop,That in Aus? Also Peter those
                > 200L barrels are Beenleigh barrels,not Bundy.Try craftbrewer.com.au

              • Peter Davis
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 1 9:08 AM
                  Tippler
                  I think "Marks homebrewing in Ncle has staves from distilleries
                  I am going down next week, I`ll ask him
                  He is also an excellent source of ANYTHING, as well as REALLY good advice , and on top od that, a real nice bloke as well

                    Cheers  Pete
                  Hello Wilson, That specialty wood shop,That in Aus? Also Peter those
                  200L barrels are Beenleigh barrels,not Bundy.Try craftbrewer. com.au

                  Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
                  Checked by AVG.