Re: 22 Kilos of white rice (update)

  • headsmashedin
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 25, 2008
      Hey, understand that I am very new to this hobby. I don't have
      any 'test' equipment, gravity meters and the like as for now my means
      are crude at best. Probably wouldn't have sense enough to read them
      anyway. I will do better in the future no doubt but, this is why I am
      here (new distillers) I definitely got no way near to technical :-/
      with my rice.

      Anyway, here is what I did.... I brought to boil the entire 22k of
      rice
      and 57 liters of water in a barrel. It took near four hours to boil.
      boiled it until it turned to mush, took a couple more hours. I dumped
      11k of my rice into a barrel and kept the other 11k in the boil
      barrel.
      I let it all cool to the touch and added 2 packages of Complete 3-in-
      1
      Enzyme in each barrel. I then stirred until my arms fell off. It all
      sat overnight an was at about 32C the next morning.

      All I had was four packages of 'Whisky Yeast with AG' I purchased
      from
      Brewhaus a long time ago, actually the yeast was out of date by 6
      months. I put two packages in each barrel and stirred again until my
      arms fell off. I put plastic wrap over the top and taped around the
      top
      lip of the barrels for a seal. In just a few hours the plastic wrap
      had
      blown off the tops of both barrels. I replaced the plastic and poked
      couple small holes. Much action is going on inside my barrels, and I
      am
      happy about that.

      Heads

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "headsmashedin"