Yeast and nutrients before Re: Miracle Gro

  • castillo.alex2008
    Message 1 of 29 , Jun 20, 2008
      Hi Jim. Have you used this yeast?:

      http://www.ethanoltech.com/beverage/instant_dry_yeast.html

      Some sites claim may go up to 20%, even when I know is not advisable,
      but I think it may go fantastic at 14 -18%. Also is affordable and
      needs no hydration.

      Alex

      Side note. About nutrients what I just did was to prepare my own
      proprietary blend as follows:

      DAP: 3 Kg
      and 1/4 cup of each of the following (since vitamines and minerals
      are suppose to be in minute quantities)

      Magnesium sulfate;
      folic acid (vitamin B9);
      Nicotinamide (niacin, vitamin B3);
      Calcium pantothenate (vitamin B5);
      Thiamine Hydrochloride (vitamin B1).

      This gives me about 1.8% of each of the components other than DAP.
      For me is affordable (about US$ 0.5 per 1/4 cup, some 60 grams, which
      is what I plant to use for 10 lbs/ 20 liters batches), but must
      important I do not have to wait for it since got all the ingredients
      in town). Only missing yeast hulls I think however that no
      commercial yeast nutrient will have this much B complex blend. If
      also using molasses, i.e. 2 cups, (1 pint) for the above batch will
      give, extra nutrients and I hope lots of flavor.

      Alex