is there a max column length?

  • wilsotic
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2008
      Hi All,

      Is there a useful maximum length of a reflux column.

      Is it possible that the amount of heat available isn't enough to push
      a useful amount of vapour up through an insulated column to an offset
      head? I am talking about cooling just in the offset head.

      ALSO...

      I have been working out my reflux ratio by directly measuring the take
      off and the reflux (which goes back through a removable tube). How do
      I calculate the amount of natural reflux that occurs in the column
      when no condensate is returned back to the top of the column.

      regards

      Wilson.