Bread Mash

  • idahomole
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2008
      I posted awhile back about some free bread I picked up that I intended
      to mash and ferment. Seems not many have tried it so I dove in eyes
      wide shut...:) Was a learning experience the whole way
      through.....lets just say I figured out many was to NOT do alot of
      things!
      Anyways I found some info about mashing "pastry waste" (and starches in
      general) from "Mother's" fuel site that went into some detail. I hope
      it helps some others and keeps us all thinking about finding some free
      fermentables, they seem to everywhere.....

      http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library/ethanol_motherearth/meCh5.ht
      ml

      Note: This is not an advertisment for Mother's. They are peddling their
      propriotary blend of yeast and enzymes but it looks like alpha and beta
      amylase and basic yeast.

      Mole
    • mstehelin
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2008
        The 'ml' in 'html' got cut off in your link. It won't work unless you
        add the 'ml' to the end.
        Cheers
        Mitt

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "idahomole" <idahomole@...> wrote:

        > I posted awhile back about some free bread I picked up that I intended
        > to mash and ferment. Seems not many have tried it so I dove in eyes
        > wide shut...:) Was a learning experience the whole way
        > through.....lets just say I figured out many was to NOT do alot of
        > things!
        > Anyways I found some info about mashing "pastry waste" (and starches in
        > general) from "Mother's" fuel site that went into some detail. I hope
        > it helps some others and keeps us all thinking about finding some free
        > fermentables, they seem to everywhere.....
        >
        > http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library/ethanol_motherearth/meCh5.ht
        > ml
        >
        > Note: This is not an advertisment for Mother's. They are peddling their
        > propriotary blend of yeast and enzymes but it looks like alpha and beta
        > amylase and basic yeast.
        >
        > Mole

      • idahomole
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2008
          Yea, I know....wasn't sure how to remedy that. Cut and Paste should
          work real good though.

          Mole
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 2, 2008
            Mole,

            When you go to add a posting, click on Rich-Text Editor (Beta), right
            above this screen when entering message. It allows long links.

            Vino es Veritas,
            Jim.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 2, 2008
              <jamesonbeam1@...> wrote:

              > Mole,
              >
              > When you go to add a posting, click on Rich-Text Editor (Beta), right
              > above this screen when entering message. It allows long links.
              >
              > Vino es Veritas,
              > Jim.

              Or put this button on your browser toolbar.
              http://tinyurl.com/

              Then any webpage you visit, just click the TinyURL button on your
              toolbar and it will automatically make a shortened link for that page
              (no matter how long it is) and put it on your clipboard. Then you just
              paste the new link in your message. I use the keyboard shortcut keys
              to paste [Ctrl-v].