Re: 30 gal copper tank ... useful?

  • daddyman00126
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2008
      I could think of lots of things to do with a 30 copper tank. Can you
      take a picture of it and but it on this site. I bet someone will pick
      it up.

      The best for last
      BILL1BURP

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "charliemcj" <charliemcj@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi, I recently retired an old hot water heater that has a 30gal
      copper
      > tank. I was going to get cash for it as scrap. (with the price of
      > copper these days that would be a few hundred bucks). I figured I'd
      > check with this group and see if it would be a useful item to
      somebody
      > starting out. I'm not involved in distilling so I don't know whether
      > it would or not. I figured it couldn't hurt to check.

    • Charlie Mccready
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2008
        well, at the moment it still looks like a typical U.S.A. 30gal. tank hot water heater with the top removed showing a bunch of blue-green oxidation (that's how i verified it was copper).  how do i post a pic on the group?

        wrote:

        > Hi, I recently retired an old hot water heater that has a 30gal
        copper
        > tank.  I was going to get cash for it as scrap.  (with the price of
        > copper these days that would be a few hundred bucks).  I figured I'd
        > check with this group and see if it would be a useful item to
        somebody
        > starting out.  I'm not involved in distilling so I don't know whether
        > it would or not.  I figured it couldn't hurt to check.

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:new_distillers-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:new_distillers-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • daddyman00126
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
          To the left of this screen if you click on photos it will take you to
          the next page. Then at the top right you will see the add a photo
          link.

          Good luck

          BILL1BURP

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Charlie Mccready