30 gal copper tank ... useful?

  • charliemcj
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2008
      Hi, I recently retired an old hot water heater that has a 30gal copper
      tank. I was going to get cash for it as scrap. (with the price of
      copper these days that would be a few hundred bucks). I figured I'd
      check with this group and see if it would be a useful item to somebody
      starting out. I'm not involved in distilling so I don't know whether
      it would or not. I figured it couldn't hurt to check.
    • daddyman00126
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2008
        I could think of lots of things to do with a 30 copper tank. Can you
        take a picture of it and but it on this site. I bet someone will pick
        it up.

        The best for last
        BILL1BURP

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "charliemcj" <charliemcj@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi, I recently retired an old hot water heater that has a 30gal
        copper
        > tank. I was going to get cash for it as scrap. (with the price of
        > copper these days that would be a few hundred bucks). I figured I'd
        > check with this group and see if it would be a useful item to
        somebody
        > starting out. I'm not involved in distilling so I don't know whether
        > it would or not. I figured it couldn't hurt to check.

      • Charlie Mccready
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2008
          well, at the moment it still looks like a typical U.S.A. 30gal. tank hot water heater with the top removed showing a bunch of blue-green oxidation (that's how i verified it was copper).  how do i post a pic on the group?

          wrote:

          > Hi, I recently retired an old hot water heater that has a 30gal
          copper
          > tank.  I was going to get cash for it as scrap.  (with the price of
          > copper these days that would be a few hundred bucks).  I figured I'd
          > check with this group and see if it would be a useful item to
          somebody
          > starting out.  I'm not involved in distilling so I don't know whether
          > it would or not.  I figured it couldn't hurt to check.

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              mailto:new_distillers-digest@yahoogroups.com
              mailto:new_distillers-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • daddyman00126
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
            To the left of this screen if you click on photos it will take you to
            the next page. Then at the top right you will see the add a photo
            link.

            Good luck

            BILL1BURP

            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Charlie Mccready