Re: bulk wine

    Message 1 of 12 , May 31, 2008
      Hey Billy,

      Turbo yeasts are made according the ABV you want to get. If you look
      at Gert Strand's page on Turbo yeasts in the Info base, there are 14%
      Turbos, 18% Turbos, 20% Turbos and 23% Turbos. Its just a question of
      which type you want to buy. But I have seen (along with Ken Mc.)
      people having problems with the 23% Turbo yeast - it has to be done
      just so.

      Other then that, everything you said I totally agree with.

      Vino es Veritas,
      Jim.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "billy.turf" <billy.turf@...>
      wrote:

      ---snip---
      Wine is going to be 12 to 14% so you are going to spend more time,
      and gas or electricity boiling, that's gonna cost money too. If you
      buy turbos and take good care it is supposed to be possible to get
      23% out of them. This is going to save alot of time cooking weak wine
      and you'll get like twice as much alcohol out of the wine.

      The cheapest way to do things is usually to do it yourself, this
      isn't an exception.

      Billy