Re: Malted Barley Flour

    Message 1 of 6 , May 3 6:03 AM
      Note: Even though its not an extract, you can use Malted Barley flour
      as a recipe calls for ie. 1 pound = 1 pound, versus liquid malt extract
      where 1 pound equals .8 pound of dry malt extract.
      Jim.

      <jamesonbeam1@...> wrote:

      > Yes Gus,
      >
      > As long as its Malted. Barley that is malted may be in liquid form
      > (LME) or powdered form (DME - see:
      > http://www.homebrewtalk.com/wiki/index.php/Dry_Malt_Extract )
    • rye_junkie
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3 7:11 AM
        Gus,
        You may want to look at these options also.

        1. Some "Bread dough enhancers" contain Diastic malt. Found in the
        baking section of some Higher end grocery stores.

        2. Beano. Hell give it a shot.

        3. Be patient and order online. Not all of us have a brew shop near by.

        4. Give up on the grain wash for now and do a good ol Cornflake wash.
        Makes for some good hooch and you can get all the ingredients at the
        local grocery. We can help ya with this one if you want to give it a go.

        Mason
        Heading to LHBS
      • gusterminator
        Message 3 of 6 , May 3 7:22 AM
          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "rye_junkie" <rye_junkie@...>
          wrote:

          > Gus,
          > You may want to look at these options also.
          >
          > 1. Some "Bread dough enhancers" contain Diastic malt. Found in the
          > baking section of some Higher end grocery stores.
          >
          > 2. Beano. Hell give it a shot.
          >
          > 3. Be patient and order online. Not all of us have a brew shop
          near by.

          > 4. Give up on the grain wash for now and do a good ol Cornflake
          wash.
          > Makes for some good hooch and you can get all the ingredients at
          the
          > local grocery. We can help ya with this one if you want to give it
          a go.

          > Mason
          > Heading to LHBS

          Yep I'll give the CornFlakes a go too.
          I have to carboy's left.
          Message 4 of 6 , May 3 8:00 AM
            Gus,

            Here's a posting from last year I sent to Advanced Distillers,
            regarding Corn Flakes and Beano....

            Vino es Veritas,
            Jim.

            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "gusterminator"