Re: [new_distillers] Re: whisky years. Myth or reality? How much does it cost?

  • Zapata Vive
    Message 1 of 15 , May 2 3:55 PM
      I actually think the diamond vodka is fantastic.  Think about it, the Scotch have been making fine liquor for ages.  Now all of sudden there is a surge in top shelf vodka.  Which is ridiculous in and of itself because so far as I can tell there is good vodka (tastes like ethanol) and bad vodka (tastes like anything else).  How could something be more tasteless than something that is tasteless.  OK, anyway.  Lots of premium vodkas out there, that the Scottish distillers have to think is pretty silly.  Why not pull the leg of these Vodka consumers?

      I can just see it hatched up over a prized single malt.  "Why don't we just strip all the flavor out of the nastiest wash we can make?"  "hey, we could age it on gold! and charge more"  "Better yet, filter it over diamonds! I bet people would buy it!)

      Can't say I blame them, I rarely actually capitalize on the grand schemes I come up with after drinking a few too many with the boys...

      Message 2 of 15 , May 4 7:36 PM
        Answer: NO!
        Varity is the spice of life.

        Link :-)

        ***

        ps
        I note the USA is the largest Scotch market. Are
        you guys getting tired of Bourbon? [:D]

        Be a better friend, newshound, and