Re: amount of relux and vapour purity

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28 8:02 AM
      First of all the HETP and reflux still calculators at homedistiller
      give strange readings once you get close to azeotrope and are not to
      be trusted.

      Secondly, there is indeed considerable difference from 95% to 95.6%
      ABV. You should always aim for 95.6% if you are after neutral ethanol.

      Thirdly, use what has been found to be a working solution. 1 meter
      packed column section. 2" diameter, 1kW power and potscrubbers or mesh
      for packing. That will get you 95.6% stuff easily with proper
      operating procedure.

      If you want to know why that solution works, read a book or two on the
      subject.

      Cheers, Riku