Re: Brown Sugar

  • idahomole
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 25, 2008
      Thought I would give y'all an update on my rum. 1 carboy femented
      down to 1.004 so I stripped it, 1/2 at a time. A couple of days later
      the 2nd carboy was down to 1.014. A little high but I stripped about
      3.5 gal of it. Then I took my stripped wash and 1 gal of unstripped
      wash and put it in the pot. Had a total of 4 gal of liquid. It took
      me two full days to do the final distilation but I ended up with 5.5L
      of 77%alc. It tastes real good, a nice molasses flavor. I quit
      collecting drinking spirits at 59%alc then pulled another 500ml as
      tails and will keep for another run. Probably could have gotten more
      but I was done. I bottled this morning.
      Per 750ml:
      1 TBS american oak
      1 TBS toasted american oak
      2ml vanilla extract
      1ml cinnamon extract

      I'll let ya know how it tastes in 2-4 weeks.....depending on how long
      I can wait...ehehehe

      Mole
      Stillin' and chillin'
      with a glass in my hand