Re: Straining Mash

  • Jesse
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 23, 2008
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gapremodeling@...>
      wrote:

      > Sorry, have to add,
      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gapremodeling@>
      wrote:

      > > I gotcha.. But, its the same thing.. Picture a huge tea bag. Same
      > thing
      > > You raise the bag , squeeze it and hence no leak through in your
      wash.
      > > Plus it will collect the "nasty's".
      > >
      > > Sorry, had to add, the cheese cloth you can buy @ any
      wall,target, It
      > will not burn, and keep all of your goods inside...

      thats what I use the Ol Cheese cloth, Works great,,
      Its also To easy to strain the wash, Why do you want to leave all
      your goodies in the ferment bucket, If your just getting the liquids
      by siphoning then your leaving lots of liquid behind, I just lined a
      Regular Strain that you would use for hambuger with chesse cloth and
      stick it in a bucket holds its self up. and Pour siphon liquids off,
      then put the grain in the stainer and let it do its thing, for an
      hour or so, then I pour that load off, and fill it back up with more,
      until I have used all my grains, This for me ateast works great, it
      gets most of the liquids out, And I don;t have to sit there and
      compress the sack like you would a tea bag for hours, I know most of
      the other guys Use paint strainers which works tooo, just the same
      way as I just described, I don;t have one other wise thats how I
      would do it as well, the only other thing I can think of, is useing
      your left over grains for the next mash, (sour mash) Not sure if you
      have though about this or not, but I am not expert in this
      department, this will be Mason or Jims Deparment,LOL but its
      something to think of, ANyways Sorry to but in, I have read many of
      these post, and have seen the ideas scramble from the washing machine
      to Just plain ol removing liquids and forgeting it, I think that
      method of just siphoning off liquids would be a waste of your money
      and time, but thats just my opnion,
      Just my 1 cent worth which you may want a refund,LOL
      Hope it inspires anyways, Hheheee thanks for your time,
      Uncle Jess