Re: Aerator

  • morganfield1
    Message 1 of 28 , Apr 2, 2008
      And, I don't know what all the fuss is about. I mean, let's face it,
      you only need to expose air to the aging spirit in very small amounts
      once a month or so (that should stir things up a bit!). I age my
      spirits (deluted to 50%, not "rocket fuel") in 600 ml glass jars.
      Once a month, I open the jars and leave the lids off for an hour.
      Then I put the lids back on and give them a good shake. That should
      do the trick. There is debate on whether aging spirit draws air thru
      the staves of a barrel due to contraction of the spirit in the cold
      weather, the barrel shrinks, also. I am of the thought that it does,
      but that is niether here nor there. Research has shown that air
      permeates the staves and in that way exposes spirit to air. Either
      way, it is a small amount.

      Tip a brick, Morgan