Re: One more post

    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
      LOL, Beat ya to it Harry,
      Jim.

      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Jesse" <carolinacrisp@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I was just at a Site that I had never seen before. It is the Home
      > > distiller forums ANd I see that my name was in A couple of post
      > there..
      >

      > Ermmm....You'll see that name in more than a couple of posts.
      Uncle
      > Jesse is the OWNER & site admin of Homedistiller. You stole his
      > handle. We let ya run with it for $h!t$ & grins.
      > I hear he's a testy cuss sometimes too, so ya might wanna use a
      > different screen name there. ;)
      >
      > Slainte!
      > regards Harry
      >
      > PS
      > (Apologies, Dave. Just pullin' yer leg.) <G>

    • KM Services
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008

        Ahhhhh "Uncle" Jesse,

        First off, why do you think I quotate your "Uncle" part on your name (sorry im still laughing so hard..) The real Uncle Jesse (your namesake) is one of the Moderators of that forum and has been for a while - he also developed an original Corn Whiskey Sour Mash method that everyone calls the "UJSM". There is a whole seperate posting site there for just his recipe - go to:
        http://homedistille r.org/forum/ viewtopic. php?t=725&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=285&sid=a977d45d6512adf 40be386412922215 1

        Jim,

        I to was a bit confused at the start with “Crisp’s” handle and questions he was asking? Having been a member of distillers for a number of years

        Cheers Ken Mc

      • daddyman00126
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
          5 shots of 180 proof and I will forget what happened the rest of the
          night. You do not want to mess with it. It still haunts me of the
          lost time and what I did during that lost time.

          Don't go there it is a bad place :( (I think, I cant remember)

          The best for last
          BILL1BURP

          <jamesonbeam1@...> wrote:

          ____snip____

          > But anyways, your really dont want to drink that high a proof
          alcohol -
          > I mean the highest proof sold is Barcardi's 151 and Everclear thats
          > like 190 something, but they are ment to be mixed. Otherwise you
          will
          > friggin kill yourself. Not to mention the optimum aging level for
          > wihskeys, rums and brandy is around 125 proof. Also, the law states
          > that our Bourbons and Tennessee Whiskeys cannot be distilled higher
          the
          > 160 proof.
          >
          > Vino Es Veritas,
          >
          > Jim. (still ROTFLMFAO).......
          >

          > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:new_distillers@yahoogroups.com> , "Jesse" <carolinacrisp@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > I was just at a Site that I had never seen before. It is the Home
          > distiller forums ANd I see that my name was in A couple of post
          there..
          > Also Pintoshine Was talking about getting High proof. He was saying
          > that it is not Safe to drink anything over 86%abv And that to get
          > anything Higher than 96 you need to use chemical.. I am finding that
          > this is a good place to read up on some real info..
          > but what I am wondering is on the 86%abv why is it not safe, Because
          > of the ABV or does it have something else in there at that high of a
          > percent... that would make since to me.. That it is just to strong
          FOr
          > a normal person.. Hope this is the case and it now has made me
          realize
          > that I will probably not make my mark of 92% or better.. Unless I am
          > just understanding wrong.. thanks on any Replys,, Uncle jesse

        • Jesse
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "KM Services"
            <km_services@...> wrote:

            > Mate,
            >
            > The Human body can only take so much alcohol at anyone time and
            drinking
            > 86%ABV would probably fry your liver if you drank too much more
            than a sip
            > un-cut, certainly not what you would have session on. I think I read
            > somewhere about alcohol poisoning that drinking around 600mls of
            100 proof
            > (50%ABV) in under 2 hours is considered a lethal dose . Any way if
            high
            > purity is cut to a sensible level of around 40% ABV and enjoyed
            sensibly
            > then the body can handle it and the liver and kidneys do their job
            without
            > problems, punish them with High ABV well do I need to say more..

            No sir, I got ya. I too have read the parts where it tells you how
            your body will proccess alcohol, Plus I have over 40 freakin classes
            under my belt (DWI Class)Not proud by no means,. But I am well aware
            of the dangers of the intake. But I know lots of people from the Cut
            (Country) That Drink it like that, I was more worried that It has
            some trace items in it.. BUt thanks Bro as all ways/// UJ
          • Jesse
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
              You aint kidding either, That's Right on the money, You just picked my
              number with that paragraph, So now I will make myself Be happy if I can
              have a Good 80% at least then when I cut it, It will double. So that
              will be fair. I am kool with that. Other wise I need to go to
              school, Or ask You guys ten millon Qestions and then Need you to get a
              Crayon and Construction paper to draw it out,, I am more of a verble
              Guy I need to have hand on or be there. Which I see that I can give
              that up and Hope that My intake will get better.. (Intake=reading
              ablity, and spelling)LOL Thanks Ken as always Uncle Jesse

              > Jesse,
              >
              > The best you can do is, I believe, around 96.5%ABV? unless distilled
              in a
              > vacuum and too be honest the difference in taste of 90%ABV and 95%ABV
              is
              > bugger all. With us Hobby distillers on both distillers sites it is
              the
              > obsession of achieving near perfect purity, once you crack 80, you
              want to
              > crack 90 and so on
              >
              > Cheers Ken Mc

            • Jesse
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
                <jamesonbeam1@...> wrote:

                > Ahhhhh "Uncle" Jesse,
                >
                > First off, why do you think I quotate your "Uncle" part on your name
                > (sorry im still laughing so hard..) The real Uncle Jesse (your
                namesake)
                > is one of the Moderators of that forum and has been for a while - he
                > also developed an original Corn Whiskey Sour Mash method that everyone
                > calls the "UJSM". There is a whole seperate posting site there for
                just

                LOLOLO Thats kool, Good I thought that I was making head lines every
                where With my awardLOLOOLLOL, No but I thought somebody was using me as
                an example, cause it was set up as an example and it used that name,
                and it even refered to this web site,, But I looked some more and I see
                now,,LOL It was YEa everything is everything,
              • Jesse
                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
                  ---Yes sir,
                  I wouldn't post there anyways, Not up to par yet, But I seen that
                  After reading futher, Hey I didnt pick the name Either, It was given,
                  and then I took it that way.. BUt I can lose it just the same. No hard
                  feelings or nothing.. I didnt know ANd Hes an Good One the way one UJ
                  should be, Holding Lots of Knowledge, So I can go back to Crisp or what
                  ever. Its no biggie.. Thanks Crisp.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
                    Jesse,
                    Really its no big deal - Uncle Jesse isnt his real name either and he
                    never played a part in "Dukes of Hazzard". The Original Uncle Jessie,
                    or Jesse Duke, was played by Denver Pyle who died on Dec. 25th, 1997.

                    In the new movie put out in 2005, Uncle Jesse was played by my
                    favorite country singer, Willie Nelson...

                    But yes, if you do post there - use your Carolina Crisp name - your
                    also going to need a picture and saying to go along with it.... if
                    you go to the link I showed you and look on page 24, you will see
                    some of my postings.. But they will start classifying you as
                    an "apprentice", "swill maker", "bootlegger", etc. None of which I
                    appreciated. To me that was downright degrading - just depending on
                    the number of posting you make - not based on your knowledge....

                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 2, 2008
                      Shop around some more Jesse,

                      Heres just the first site I pulled up -
                      http://www.bucket-outlet.com/toastedbarrels.htm

                      5 gallon toasted American oak barrel - 161.99.
                      Also try E-bay.

                      wrote:

                      > I also wanted to add I Have Found where to get my barrels. This
                      site
                      > has 2,5,7,20,30,56 Gallon barrels, Minnesota White oak or You can
                      get
                      > French, American or Hungarian Spirals or cubes.. So I was most in
                      > the Barrels As I found them In New Condition and They will toast or
                      > char to your prefrence, They are only 185.00 for the 5 gallon sized
                      > barrel. This I thought to be great. considering that I was looking
                      a a
                      > way bigger price than that on a Used Jd barrel. Yes I know that the
                      > used one will add some of there flavor.. But I want my own to maybe
                      > produce my own flavor,, who know I may make it better than JD,.,
                      Yea
                      > right. but no the less. Was excited about this, and can;t wait till
                      > payday.. Wooo If you guys know of anywhere cheaper that will have
                      new
                      > barrels then please let me know... Thanks Uncle Jesse. Just
                      in
                      > case you want to see it to here is the link to the site.. Use
                      > navagation on left of screen to get there its Under Yep you guessed
                      it
                      > OAK Barrels,,, LOL Thanks again
                      >
                      > http://www.homebrewit.com/

                    • Jesse
                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 2, 2008
                        <jamesonbeam1@...> wrote:

                        > Shop around some more Jesse,
                        >
                        > Heres just the first site I pulled up -
                        > http://www.bucket-outlet.com/toastedbarrels.htm
                        >
                        > 5 gallon toasted American oak barrel - 161.99.
                        > Also try E-bay.
                        >
                        > Vino es Veritas,
                        > Jim.

                        Thanks Jim,
                        got that link too, thanks .. I don't understand. I must not know how
                        to use the search engines right, I try every keyword I can think of
                        with little results. You guys can use it once and find everything.
                        PS I know you may have read a little on my post about the still head
                        being cooled with the coil on the out side.. anyways Just wanted your
                        intake on it please.(YoU are usually the deciding factor on my behalf.)
                        SO get a crayon and let me know>LOL Should I keep the doubler and
                        forget the coil, or use the cooling coil at top of still and forget the
                        doubler.. also if I do that then I should Wait till my rig heats up all
                        the way and starts dripping Then turn on reflux coil, And then the
                        drips should stop right. and I will let it go like this for 2 or 3
                        hours then back off on coolent. to let the vapor pass at that point.
                        HEEHEE, yep No clue.. so sorry. damn wheres a good spot to learn, GO to
                        check out Homedistiller site.. Not trying to be lazy bro. I have read
                        this so many times it Just aint sinking in.. but I am going to read
                        more,, Thanks Uncle "kracker" Jesse LOL