Re: One more post

    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 1 7:19 PM
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Jesse" <carolinacrisp@...>
      wrote:

      > I was just at a Site that I had never seen before. It is the Home
      > distiller forums ANd I see that my name was in A couple of post
      there..

      Ermmm....You'll see that name in more than a couple of posts. Uncle
      Jesse is the OWNER & site admin of Homedistiller. You stole his
      handle. We let ya run with it for $h!t$ & grins.
      I hear he's a testy cuss sometimes too, so ya might wanna use a
      different screen name there. ;)

      PS
      (Apologies, Dave. Just pullin' yer leg.) <G>
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 1 7:31 PM
        LOL, Beat ya to it Harry,
        Jim.

        > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Jesse" <carolinacrisp@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > I was just at a Site that I had never seen before. It is the Home
        > > distiller forums ANd I see that my name was in A couple of post
        > there..
        >

        > Ermmm....You'll see that name in more than a couple of posts.
        Uncle
        > Jesse is the OWNER & site admin of Homedistiller. You stole his
        > handle. We let ya run with it for $h!t$ & grins.
        > I hear he's a testy cuss sometimes too, so ya might wanna use a
        > different screen name there. ;)
        >
        > Slainte!
        > regards Harry
        >
        > PS
        > (Apologies, Dave. Just pullin' yer leg.) <G>

      • KM Services
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 1 7:36 PM

          Ahhhhh "Uncle" Jesse,

          First off, why do you think I quotate your "Uncle" part on your name (sorry im still laughing so hard..) The real Uncle Jesse (your namesake) is one of the Moderators of that forum and has been for a while - he also developed an original Corn Whiskey Sour Mash method that everyone calls the "UJSM". There is a whole seperate posting site there for just his recipe - go to:
          http://homedistille r.org/forum/ viewtopic. php?t=725&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=285&sid=a977d45d6512adf 40be386412922215 1

          Jim,

          I to was a bit confused at the start with “Crisp’s” handle and questions he was asking? Having been a member of distillers for a number of years

          Cheers Ken Mc

        • daddyman00126
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 1 7:45 PM
            5 shots of 180 proof and I will forget what happened the rest of the
            night. You do not want to mess with it. It still haunts me of the
            lost time and what I did during that lost time.

            Don't go there it is a bad place :( (I think, I cant remember)

            The best for last
            BILL1BURP

            <jamesonbeam1@...> wrote:

            ____snip____

            > But anyways, your really dont want to drink that high a proof
            alcohol -
            > I mean the highest proof sold is Barcardi's 151 and Everclear thats
            > like 190 something, but they are ment to be mixed. Otherwise you
            will
            > friggin kill yourself. Not to mention the optimum aging level for
            > wihskeys, rums and brandy is around 125 proof. Also, the law states
            > that our Bourbons and Tennessee Whiskeys cannot be distilled higher
            the
            > 160 proof.
            >
            > Vino Es Veritas,
            >
            > Jim. (still ROTFLMFAO).......
            >

            > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
            > <mailto:new_distillers@yahoogroups.com> , "Jesse" <carolinacrisp@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > I was just at a Site that I had never seen before. It is the Home
            > distiller forums ANd I see that my name was in A couple of post
            there..
            > Also Pintoshine Was talking about getting High proof. He was saying
            > that it is not Safe to drink anything over 86%abv And that to get
            > anything Higher than 96 you need to use chemical.. I am finding that
            > this is a good place to read up on some real info..
            > but what I am wondering is on the 86%abv why is it not safe, Because
            > of the ABV or does it have something else in there at that high of a
            > percent... that would make since to me.. That it is just to strong
            FOr
            > a normal person.. Hope this is the case and it now has made me
            realize
            > that I will probably not make my mark of 92% or better.. Unless I am
            > just understanding wrong.. thanks on any Replys,, Uncle jesse

          • Jesse
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 1 7:49 PM
              --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "KM Services"
              <km_services@...> wrote:

              > Mate,
              >
              > The Human body can only take so much alcohol at anyone time and
              drinking
              > 86%ABV would probably fry your liver if you drank too much more
              than a sip
              > un-cut, certainly not what you would have session on. I think I read
              > somewhere about alcohol poisoning that drinking around 600mls of
              100 proof
              > (50%ABV) in under 2 hours is considered a lethal dose . Any way if
              high
              > purity is cut to a sensible level of around 40% ABV and enjoyed
              sensibly
              > then the body can handle it and the liver and kidneys do their job
              without
              > problems, punish them with High ABV well do I need to say more..

              No sir, I got ya. I too have read the parts where it tells you how
              your body will proccess alcohol, Plus I have over 40 freakin classes
              under my belt (DWI Class)Not proud by no means,. But I am well aware
              of the dangers of the intake. But I know lots of people from the Cut
              (Country) That Drink it like that, I was more worried that It has
              some trace items in it.. BUt thanks Bro as all ways/// UJ
            • Jesse
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 1 7:59 PM
                You aint kidding either, That's Right on the money, You just picked my
                number with that paragraph, So now I will make myself Be happy if I can
                have a Good 80% at least then when I cut it, It will double. So that
                will be fair. I am kool with that. Other wise I need to go to
                school, Or ask You guys ten millon Qestions and then Need you to get a
                Crayon and Construction paper to draw it out,, I am more of a verble
                Guy I need to have hand on or be there. Which I see that I can give
                that up and Hope that My intake will get better.. (Intake=reading
                ablity, and spelling)LOL Thanks Ken as always Uncle Jesse

                > Jesse,
                >
                > The best you can do is, I believe, around 96.5%ABV? unless distilled
                in a
                > vacuum and too be honest the difference in taste of 90%ABV and 95%ABV
                is
                > bugger all. With us Hobby distillers on both distillers sites it is
                the
                > obsession of achieving near perfect purity, once you crack 80, you
                want to
                > crack 90 and so on
                >
                > Cheers Ken Mc

              • Jesse
                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 1 8:02 PM
                  <jamesonbeam1@...> wrote:

                  > Ahhhhh "Uncle" Jesse,
                  >
                  > First off, why do you think I quotate your "Uncle" part on your name
                  > (sorry im still laughing so hard..) The real Uncle Jesse (your
                  namesake)
                  > is one of the Moderators of that forum and has been for a while - he
                  > also developed an original Corn Whiskey Sour Mash method that everyone
                  > calls the "UJSM". There is a whole seperate posting site there for
                  just

                  LOLOLO Thats kool, Good I thought that I was making head lines every
                  where With my awardLOLOOLLOL, No but I thought somebody was using me as
                  an example, cause it was set up as an example and it used that name,
                  and it even refered to this web site,, But I looked some more and I see
                  now,,LOL It was YEa everything is everything,
                • Jesse
                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 1 8:37 PM
                    ---Yes sir,
                    I wouldn't post there anyways, Not up to par yet, But I seen that
                    After reading futher, Hey I didnt pick the name Either, It was given,
                    and then I took it that way.. BUt I can lose it just the same. No hard
                    feelings or nothing.. I didnt know ANd Hes an Good One the way one UJ
                    should be, Holding Lots of Knowledge, So I can go back to Crisp or what
                    ever. Its no biggie.. Thanks Crisp.

                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 1 9:00 PM
                      Jesse,
                      Really its no big deal - Uncle Jesse isnt his real name either and he
                      never played a part in "Dukes of Hazzard". The Original Uncle Jessie,
                      or Jesse Duke, was played by Denver Pyle who died on Dec. 25th, 1997.

                      In the new movie put out in 2005, Uncle Jesse was played by my
                      favorite country singer, Willie Nelson...

                      But yes, if you do post there - use your Carolina Crisp name - your
                      also going to need a picture and saying to go along with it.... if
                      you go to the link I showed you and look on page 24, you will see
                      some of my postings.. But they will start classifying you as
                      an "apprentice", "swill maker", "bootlegger", etc. None of which I
                      appreciated. To me that was downright degrading - just depending on
                      the number of posting you make - not based on your knowledge....

                      Vino es Veritas,
                      Jim.

                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 2 4:22 AM
                        Shop around some more Jesse,

                        Heres just the first site I pulled up -
                        http://www.bucket-outlet.com/toastedbarrels.htm

                        5 gallon toasted American oak barrel - 161.99.
                        Also try E-bay.

                        Vino es Veritas,
                        Jim.

                        wrote:

                        > I also wanted to add I Have Found where to get my barrels. This
                        site
                        > has 2,5,7,20,30,56 Gallon barrels, Minnesota White oak or You can
                        get
                        > French, American or Hungarian Spirals or cubes.. So I was most in
                        > the Barrels As I found them In New Condition and They will toast or
                        > char to your prefrence, They are only 185.00 for the 5 gallon sized
                        > barrel. This I thought to be great. considering that I was looking
                        a a
                        > way bigger price than that on a Used Jd barrel. Yes I know that the
                        > used one will add some of there flavor.. But I want my own to maybe
                        > produce my own flavor,, who know I may make it better than JD,.,
                        Yea
                        > right. but no the less. Was excited about this, and can;t wait till
                        > payday.. Wooo If you guys know of anywhere cheaper that will have
                        new
                        > barrels then please let me know... Thanks Uncle Jesse. Just
                        in
                        > case you want to see it to here is the link to the site.. Use
                        > navagation on left of screen to get there its Under Yep you guessed
                        it
                        > OAK Barrels,,, LOL Thanks again
                        >
                        > http://www.homebrewit.com/

                      • Jesse
                        Message 11 of 16 , Apr 2 5:57 AM
                          <jamesonbeam1@...> wrote:

                          > Shop around some more Jesse,
                          >
                          > Heres just the first site I pulled up -
                          > http://www.bucket-outlet.com/toastedbarrels.htm
                          >
                          > 5 gallon toasted American oak barrel - 161.99.
                          > Also try E-bay.
                          >
                          > Vino es Veritas,
                          > Jim.

                          Thanks Jim,
                          got that link too, thanks .. I don't understand. I must not know how
                          to use the search engines right, I try every keyword I can think of
                          with little results. You guys can use it once and find everything.
                          PS I know you may have read a little on my post about the still head
                          being cooled with the coil on the out side.. anyways Just wanted your
                          intake on it please.(YoU are usually the deciding factor on my behalf.)
                          SO get a crayon and let me know>LOL Should I keep the doubler and
                          forget the coil, or use the cooling coil at top of still and forget the
                          doubler.. also if I do that then I should Wait till my rig heats up all
                          the way and starts dripping Then turn on reflux coil, And then the
                          drips should stop right. and I will let it go like this for 2 or 3
                          hours then back off on coolent. to let the vapor pass at that point.
                          HEEHEE, yep No clue.. so sorry. damn wheres a good spot to learn, GO to
                          check out Homedistiller site.. Not trying to be lazy bro. I have read
                          this so many times it Just aint sinking in.. but I am going to read
                          more,, Thanks Uncle "kracker" Jesse LOL