Re: One more post

  • Jesse
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
      I also wanted to add I Have Found where to get my barrels. This site
      has 2,5,7,20,30,56 Gallon barrels, Minnesota White oak or You can get
      French, American or Hungarian Spirals or cubes.. So I was most in to
      the Barrels As I found them In New Condition and They will toast or
      char to your prefrence, They are only 185.00 for the 5 gallon sized
      barrel. This I thought to be great. considering that I was looking a a
      way bigger price than that on a Used Jd barrel. Yes I know that the
      used one will add some of there flavor.. But I want my own to maybe
      produce my own flavor,, who know I may make it better than JD,., Yea
      right. but no the less. Was excited about this, and can;t wait till
      payday.. Wooo If you guys know of anywhere cheaper that will have new
      barrels then please let me know... Thanks Uncle Jesse. Just in
      case you want to see it to here is the link to the site.. Use
      navagation on left of screen to get there its Under Yep you guessed it
      OAK Barrels,,, LOL Thanks again

      http://www.homebrewit.com/

      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Jesse" <carolinacrisp@...>
        wrote:

        > I was just at a Site that I had never seen before. It is the Home
        > distiller forums ANd I see that my name was in A couple of post
        there..

        Ermmm....You'll see that name in more than a couple of posts. Uncle
        Jesse is the OWNER & site admin of Homedistiller. You stole his
        handle. We let ya run with it for $h!t$ & grins.
        I hear he's a testy cuss sometimes too, so ya might wanna use a
        different screen name there. ;)

        PS
        (Apologies, Dave. Just pullin' yer leg.) <G>
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
          LOL, Beat ya to it Harry,
          Jim.

          > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Jesse" <carolinacrisp@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I was just at a Site that I had never seen before. It is the Home
          > > distiller forums ANd I see that my name was in A couple of post
          > there..
          >

          > Ermmm....You'll see that name in more than a couple of posts.
          Uncle
          > Jesse is the OWNER & site admin of Homedistiller. You stole his
          > handle. We let ya run with it for $h!t$ & grins.
          > I hear he's a testy cuss sometimes too, so ya might wanna use a
          > different screen name there. ;)
          >
          > Slainte!
          > regards Harry
          >
          > PS
          > (Apologies, Dave. Just pullin' yer leg.) <G>

        • KM Services
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008

            Ahhhhh "Uncle" Jesse,

            First off, why do you think I quotate your "Uncle" part on your name (sorry im still laughing so hard..) The real Uncle Jesse (your namesake) is one of the Moderators of that forum and has been for a while - he also developed an original Corn Whiskey Sour Mash method that everyone calls the "UJSM". There is a whole seperate posting site there for just his recipe - go to:
            http://homedistille r.org/forum/ viewtopic. php?t=725&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=285&sid=a977d45d6512adf 40be386412922215 1

            Jim,

            I to was a bit confused at the start with “Crisp’s” handle and questions he was asking? Having been a member of distillers for a number of years

            Cheers Ken Mc

          • daddyman00126
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
              5 shots of 180 proof and I will forget what happened the rest of the
              night. You do not want to mess with it. It still haunts me of the
              lost time and what I did during that lost time.

              Don't go there it is a bad place :( (I think, I cant remember)

              The best for last
              BILL1BURP

              <jamesonbeam1@...> wrote:

              ____snip____

              > But anyways, your really dont want to drink that high a proof
              alcohol -
              > I mean the highest proof sold is Barcardi's 151 and Everclear thats
              > like 190 something, but they are ment to be mixed. Otherwise you
              will
              > friggin kill yourself. Not to mention the optimum aging level for
              > wihskeys, rums and brandy is around 125 proof. Also, the law states
              > that our Bourbons and Tennessee Whiskeys cannot be distilled higher
              the
              > 160 proof.
              >
              > Vino Es Veritas,
              >
              > Jim. (still ROTFLMFAO).......
              >

              > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
              > <mailto:new_distillers@yahoogroups.com> , "Jesse" <carolinacrisp@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > I was just at a Site that I had never seen before. It is the Home
              > distiller forums ANd I see that my name was in A couple of post
              there..
              > Also Pintoshine Was talking about getting High proof. He was saying
              > that it is not Safe to drink anything over 86%abv And that to get
              > anything Higher than 96 you need to use chemical.. I am finding that
              > this is a good place to read up on some real info..
              > but what I am wondering is on the 86%abv why is it not safe, Because
              > of the ABV or does it have something else in there at that high of a
              > percent... that would make since to me.. That it is just to strong
              FOr
              > a normal person.. Hope this is the case and it now has made me
              realize
              > that I will probably not make my mark of 92% or better.. Unless I am
              > just understanding wrong.. thanks on any Replys,, Uncle jesse

            • Jesse
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
                --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "KM Services"
                <km_services@...> wrote:

                > Mate,
                >
                > The Human body can only take so much alcohol at anyone time and
                drinking
                > 86%ABV would probably fry your liver if you drank too much more
                than a sip
                > un-cut, certainly not what you would have session on. I think I read
                > somewhere about alcohol poisoning that drinking around 600mls of
                100 proof
                > (50%ABV) in under 2 hours is considered a lethal dose . Any way if
                high
                > purity is cut to a sensible level of around 40% ABV and enjoyed
                sensibly
                > then the body can handle it and the liver and kidneys do their job
                without
                > problems, punish them with High ABV well do I need to say more..

                No sir, I got ya. I too have read the parts where it tells you how
                your body will proccess alcohol, Plus I have over 40 freakin classes
                under my belt (DWI Class)Not proud by no means,. But I am well aware
                of the dangers of the intake. But I know lots of people from the Cut
                (Country) That Drink it like that, I was more worried that It has
                some trace items in it.. BUt thanks Bro as all ways/// UJ
              • Jesse
                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
                  You aint kidding either, That's Right on the money, You just picked my
                  number with that paragraph, So now I will make myself Be happy if I can
                  have a Good 80% at least then when I cut it, It will double. So that
                  will be fair. I am kool with that. Other wise I need to go to
                  school, Or ask You guys ten millon Qestions and then Need you to get a
                  Crayon and Construction paper to draw it out,, I am more of a verble
                  Guy I need to have hand on or be there. Which I see that I can give
                  that up and Hope that My intake will get better.. (Intake=reading
                  ablity, and spelling)LOL Thanks Ken as always Uncle Jesse

                  > Jesse,
                  >
                  > The best you can do is, I believe, around 96.5%ABV? unless distilled
                  in a
                  > vacuum and too be honest the difference in taste of 90%ABV and 95%ABV
                  is
                  > bugger all. With us Hobby distillers on both distillers sites it is
                  the
                  > obsession of achieving near perfect purity, once you crack 80, you
                  want to
                  > crack 90 and so on
                  >
                  > Cheers Ken Mc

                • Jesse
                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
                    <jamesonbeam1@...> wrote:

                    > Ahhhhh "Uncle" Jesse,
                    >
                    > First off, why do you think I quotate your "Uncle" part on your name
                    > (sorry im still laughing so hard..) The real Uncle Jesse (your
                    namesake)
                    > is one of the Moderators of that forum and has been for a while - he
                    > also developed an original Corn Whiskey Sour Mash method that everyone
                    > calls the "UJSM". There is a whole seperate posting site there for
                    just

                    LOLOLO Thats kool, Good I thought that I was making head lines every
                    where With my awardLOLOOLLOL, No but I thought somebody was using me as
                    an example, cause it was set up as an example and it used that name,
                    and it even refered to this web site,, But I looked some more and I see
                    now,,LOL It was YEa everything is everything,
                  • Jesse
                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
                      ---Yes sir,
                      I wouldn't post there anyways, Not up to par yet, But I seen that
                      After reading futher, Hey I didnt pick the name Either, It was given,
                      and then I took it that way.. BUt I can lose it just the same. No hard
                      feelings or nothing.. I didnt know ANd Hes an Good One the way one UJ
                      should be, Holding Lots of Knowledge, So I can go back to Crisp or what
                      ever. Its no biggie.. Thanks Crisp.

                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
                        Jesse,
                        Really its no big deal - Uncle Jesse isnt his real name either and he
                        never played a part in "Dukes of Hazzard". The Original Uncle Jessie,
                        or Jesse Duke, was played by Denver Pyle who died on Dec. 25th, 1997.

                        In the new movie put out in 2005, Uncle Jesse was played by my
                        favorite country singer, Willie Nelson...

                        But yes, if you do post there - use your Carolina Crisp name - your
                        also going to need a picture and saying to go along with it.... if
                        you go to the link I showed you and look on page 24, you will see
                        some of my postings.. But they will start classifying you as
                        an "apprentice", "swill maker", "bootlegger", etc. None of which I
                        appreciated. To me that was downright degrading - just depending on
                        the number of posting you make - not based on your knowledge....

                        Vino es Veritas,
                        Jim.

                        Message 11 of 16 , Apr 2, 2008
                          Shop around some more Jesse,

                          Heres just the first site I pulled up -
                          http://www.bucket-outlet.com/toastedbarrels.htm

                          5 gallon toasted American oak barrel - 161.99.
                          Also try E-bay.

                          Vino es Veritas,
                          Jim.

                          wrote:

                          > I also wanted to add I Have Found where to get my barrels. This
                          site
                          > has 2,5,7,20,30,56 Gallon barrels, Minnesota White oak or You can
                          get
                          > French, American or Hungarian Spirals or cubes.. So I was most in
                          > the Barrels As I found them In New Condition and They will toast or
                          > char to your prefrence, They are only 185.00 for the 5 gallon sized
                          > barrel. This I thought to be great. considering that I was looking
                          a a
                          > way bigger price than that on a Used Jd barrel. Yes I know that the
                          > used one will add some of there flavor.. But I want my own to maybe
                          > produce my own flavor,, who know I may make it better than JD,.,
                          Yea
                          > right. but no the less. Was excited about this, and can;t wait till
                          > payday.. Wooo If you guys know of anywhere cheaper that will have
                          new
                          > barrels then please let me know... Thanks Uncle Jesse. Just
                          in
                          > case you want to see it to here is the link to the site.. Use
                          > navagation on left of screen to get there its Under Yep you guessed
                          it
                          > OAK Barrels,,, LOL Thanks again
                          >
                          > http://www.homebrewit.com/

                        • Jesse
                          Message 12 of 16 , Apr 2, 2008
                            <jamesonbeam1@...> wrote:

                            > Shop around some more Jesse,
                            >
                            > Heres just the first site I pulled up -
                            > http://www.bucket-outlet.com/toastedbarrels.htm
                            >
                            > 5 gallon toasted American oak barrel - 161.99.
                            > Also try E-bay.
                            >
                            > Vino es Veritas,
                            > Jim.

                            Thanks Jim,
                            got that link too, thanks .. I don't understand. I must not know how
                            to use the search engines right, I try every keyword I can think of
                            with little results. You guys can use it once and find everything.
                            PS I know you may have read a little on my post about the still head
                            being cooled with the coil on the out side.. anyways Just wanted your
                            intake on it please.(YoU are usually the deciding factor on my behalf.)
                            SO get a crayon and let me know>LOL Should I keep the doubler and
                            forget the coil, or use the cooling coil at top of still and forget the
                            doubler.. also if I do that then I should Wait till my rig heats up all
                            the way and starts dripping Then turn on reflux coil, And then the
                            drips should stop right. and I will let it go like this for 2 or 3
                            hours then back off on coolent. to let the vapor pass at that point.
                            HEEHEE, yep No clue.. so sorry. damn wheres a good spot to learn, GO to
                            check out Homedistiller site.. Not trying to be lazy bro. I have read
                            this so many times it Just aint sinking in.. but I am going to read
                            more,, Thanks Uncle "kracker" Jesse LOL