RE: [new_distillers] One more post

  • KM Services
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008

      I was just at a Site that I had never seen before. It is the Home
      distiller forums ANd I see that my name was in A couple of post there..
      Also Pintoshine Was talking about getting High proof. He was saying
      that it is not Safe to drink anything over 86%abv And that to get
      anything Higher than 96 you need to use chemical.. I am finding that
      this is a good place to read up on some real info..

      Jesse,

      The best you can do is, I believe, around 96.5%ABV? unless distilled in a vacuum and too be honest the difference in taste of 90%ABV and 95%ABV is bugger all. With us Hobby distillers on both distillers sites it is the obsession of achieving near perfect purity, once you crack 80, you want to crack 90 and so on

      Cheers Ken Mc

      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008

        Ahhhhh "Uncle" Jesse,

        First off, why do you think I quotate your "Uncle" part on your name (sorry im still laughing so hard..) The real Uncle Jesse (your namesake) is one of the Moderators of that forum and has been for a while - he also developed an original Corn Whiskey Sour Mash method that everyone calls the "UJSM". There is a whole seperate posting site there for just his recipe - go to:
        http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=725&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=285&sid=a977d45d6512adf40be3864129222151

        Also Sherman - Pint O Shine - has his own posting area too.  They say its the biggest around, but me thinks between us and the Advanced Distillers, we have more members (as well as more educated).  Im a member there too, but didnt like the way it was moderated :):):).

        But anyways, your really dont want to drink that high a proof alcohol - I mean the highest proof sold is Barcardi's 151  and Everclear thats like 190 something,  but they are ment to be mixed.  Otherwise you will friggin kill yourself.  Not to mention the optimum aging level for wihskeys, rums and brandy is around 125 proof.  Also, the law states that our Bourbons and Tennessee Whiskeys cannot be distilled higher the 160 proof.

        Vino Es Veritas,

        Jim.   (still ROTFLMFAO).......

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Jesse" <carolinacrisp@...> wrote:

        I was just at a Site that I had never seen before. It is the Home
        distiller forums ANd I see that my name was in A couple of post there..
        Also Pintoshine Was talking about getting High proof. He was saying
        that it is not Safe to drink anything over 86%abv And that to get
        anything Higher than 96 you need to use chemical.. I am finding that
        this is a good place to read up on some real info..
        but what I am wondering is on the 86%abv why is it not safe, Because
        of the ABV or does it have something else in there at that high of a
        percent... that would make since to me.. That it is just to strong FOr
        a normal person.. Hope this is the case and it now has made me realize
        that I will probably not make my mark of 92% or better.. Unless I am
        just understanding wrong.. thanks on any Replys,, Uncle jesse

      • Jesse
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
          I also wanted to add I Have Found where to get my barrels. This site
          has 2,5,7,20,30,56 Gallon barrels, Minnesota White oak or You can get
          French, American or Hungarian Spirals or cubes.. So I was most in to
          the Barrels As I found them In New Condition and They will toast or
          char to your prefrence, They are only 185.00 for the 5 gallon sized
          barrel. This I thought to be great. considering that I was looking a a
          way bigger price than that on a Used Jd barrel. Yes I know that the
          used one will add some of there flavor.. But I want my own to maybe
          produce my own flavor,, who know I may make it better than JD,., Yea
          right. but no the less. Was excited about this, and can;t wait till
          payday.. Wooo If you guys know of anywhere cheaper that will have new
          barrels then please let me know... Thanks Uncle Jesse. Just in
          case you want to see it to here is the link to the site.. Use
          navagation on left of screen to get there its Under Yep you guessed it
          OAK Barrels,,, LOL Thanks again

          http://www.homebrewit.com/

          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
            wrote:

            > I was just at a Site that I had never seen before. It is the Home
            > distiller forums ANd I see that my name was in A couple of post
            there..

            Ermmm....You'll see that name in more than a couple of posts. Uncle
            Jesse is the OWNER & site admin of Homedistiller. You stole his
            handle. We let ya run with it for $h!t$ & grins.
            I hear he's a testy cuss sometimes too, so ya might wanna use a
            different screen name there. ;)

            PS
            (Apologies, Dave. Just pullin' yer leg.) <G>
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
              LOL, Beat ya to it Harry,
              Jim.

              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008

                Ahhhhh "Uncle" Jesse,

                First off, why do you think I quotate your "Uncle" part on your name (sorry im still laughing so hard..) The real Uncle Jesse (your namesake) is one of the Moderators of that forum and has been for a while - he also developed an original Corn Whiskey Sour Mash method that everyone calls the "UJSM". There is a whole seperate posting site there for just his recipe - go to:
                http://homedistille r.org/forum/ viewtopic. php?t=725&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=285&sid=a977d45d6512adf 40be386412922215 1

                Jim,

                I to was a bit confused at the start with “Crisp’s” handle and questions he was asking? Having been a member of distillers for a number of years

                Cheers Ken Mc

              • daddyman00126
                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
                  5 shots of 180 proof and I will forget what happened the rest of the
                  night. You do not want to mess with it. It still haunts me of the
                  lost time and what I did during that lost time.

                  Don't go there it is a bad place :( (I think, I cant remember)

                  The best for last
                  BILL1BURP

                  ____snip____

                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
                    --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "KM Services"
                    <km_services@...> wrote:

                    > Mate,
                    >
                    > The Human body can only take so much alcohol at anyone time and
                    drinking
                    > 86%ABV would probably fry your liver if you drank too much more
                    than a sip
                    > un-cut, certainly not what you would have session on. I think I read
                    > somewhere about alcohol poisoning that drinking around 600mls of
                    100 proof
                    > (50%ABV) in under 2 hours is considered a lethal dose . Any way if
                    high
                    > purity is cut to a sensible level of around 40% ABV and enjoyed
                    sensibly
                    > then the body can handle it and the liver and kidneys do their job
                    without
                    > problems, punish them with High ABV well do I need to say more..

                    No sir, I got ya. I too have read the parts where it tells you how
                    your body will proccess alcohol, Plus I have over 40 freakin classes
                    under my belt (DWI Class)Not proud by no means,. But I am well aware
                    of the dangers of the intake. But I know lots of people from the Cut
                    (Country) That Drink it like that, I was more worried that It has
                    some trace items in it.. BUt thanks Bro as all ways/// UJ
                  • Jesse
                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
                      You aint kidding either, That's Right on the money, You just picked my
                      number with that paragraph, So now I will make myself Be happy if I can
                      have a Good 80% at least then when I cut it, It will double. So that
                      will be fair. I am kool with that. Other wise I need to go to
                      school, Or ask You guys ten millon Qestions and then Need you to get a
                      Crayon and Construction paper to draw it out,, I am more of a verble
                      Guy I need to have hand on or be there. Which I see that I can give
                      that up and Hope that My intake will get better.. (Intake=reading
                      ablity, and spelling)LOL Thanks Ken as always Uncle Jesse

                      > Jesse,
                      >
                      > The best you can do is, I believe, around 96.5%ABV? unless distilled
                      in a
                      > vacuum and too be honest the difference in taste of 90%ABV and 95%ABV
                      is
                      > bugger all. With us Hobby distillers on both distillers sites it is
                      the
                      > obsession of achieving near perfect purity, once you crack 80, you
                      want to
                      > crack 90 and so on
                      >
                      > Cheers Ken Mc

                    • Jesse
                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
                        <jamesonbeam1@...> wrote:

                        > Ahhhhh "Uncle" Jesse,
                        >
                        > First off, why do you think I quotate your "Uncle" part on your name
                        > (sorry im still laughing so hard..) The real Uncle Jesse (your
                        namesake)
                        > is one of the Moderators of that forum and has been for a while - he
                        > also developed an original Corn Whiskey Sour Mash method that everyone
                        > calls the "UJSM". There is a whole seperate posting site there for
                        just

                        LOLOLO Thats kool, Good I thought that I was making head lines every
                        where With my awardLOLOOLLOL, No but I thought somebody was using me as
                        an example, cause it was set up as an example and it used that name,
                        and it even refered to this web site,, But I looked some more and I see
                        now,,LOL It was YEa everything is everything,
                      • Jesse
                        Message 11 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
                          ---Yes sir,
                          I wouldn't post there anyways, Not up to par yet, But I seen that
                          After reading futher, Hey I didnt pick the name Either, It was given,
                          and then I took it that way.. BUt I can lose it just the same. No hard
                          feelings or nothing.. I didnt know ANd Hes an Good One the way one UJ
                          should be, Holding Lots of Knowledge, So I can go back to Crisp or what
                          ever. Its no biggie.. Thanks Crisp.

                          Message 12 of 16 , Apr 1, 2008
                            Jesse,
                            Really its no big deal - Uncle Jesse isnt his real name either and he
                            never played a part in "Dukes of Hazzard". The Original Uncle Jessie,
                            or Jesse Duke, was played by Denver Pyle who died on Dec. 25th, 1997.

                            In the new movie put out in 2005, Uncle Jesse was played by my
                            favorite country singer, Willie Nelson...

                            But yes, if you do post there - use your Carolina Crisp name - your
                            also going to need a picture and saying to go along with it.... if
                            you go to the link I showed you and look on page 24, you will see
                            some of my postings.. But they will start classifying you as
                            an "apprentice", "swill maker", "bootlegger", etc. None of which I
                            appreciated. To me that was downright degrading - just depending on
                            the number of posting you make - not based on your knowledge....

                            Vino es Veritas,
                            Jim.

                            Message 13 of 16 , Apr 2, 2008
                              Shop around some more Jesse,

                              Heres just the first site I pulled up -
                              http://www.bucket-outlet.com/toastedbarrels.htm

                              5 gallon toasted American oak barrel - 161.99.
                              Also try E-bay.

                              Vino es Veritas,
                              Jim.

                              wrote:

                              > I also wanted to add I Have Found where to get my barrels. This
                              site
                              > has 2,5,7,20,30,56 Gallon barrels, Minnesota White oak or You can
                              get
                              > French, American or Hungarian Spirals or cubes.. So I was most in
                              > the Barrels As I found them In New Condition and They will toast or
                              > char to your prefrence, They are only 185.00 for the 5 gallon sized
                              > barrel. This I thought to be great. considering that I was looking
                              a a
                              > way bigger price than that on a Used Jd barrel. Yes I know that the
                              > used one will add some of there flavor.. But I want my own to maybe
                              > produce my own flavor,, who know I may make it better than JD,.,
                              Yea
                              > right. but no the less. Was excited about this, and can;t wait till
                              > payday.. Wooo If you guys know of anywhere cheaper that will have
                              new
                              > barrels then please let me know... Thanks Uncle Jesse. Just
                              in
                              > case you want to see it to here is the link to the site.. Use
                              > navagation on left of screen to get there its Under Yep you guessed
                              it
                              > OAK Barrels,,, LOL Thanks again
                              >
                              > http://www.homebrewit.com/

                            • Jesse
                              Message 14 of 16 , Apr 2, 2008
                                <jamesonbeam1@...> wrote:

                                > Shop around some more Jesse,
                                >
                                > Heres just the first site I pulled up -
                                > http://www.bucket-outlet.com/toastedbarrels.htm
                                >
                                > 5 gallon toasted American oak barrel - 161.99.
                                > Also try E-bay.
                                >
                                > Vino es Veritas,
                                > Jim.

                                Thanks Jim,
                                got that link too, thanks .. I don't understand. I must not know how
                                to use the search engines right, I try every keyword I can think of
                                with little results. You guys can use it once and find everything.
                                PS I know you may have read a little on my post about the still head
                                being cooled with the coil on the out side.. anyways Just wanted your
                                intake on it please.(YoU are usually the deciding factor on my behalf.)
                                SO get a crayon and let me know>LOL Should I keep the doubler and
                                forget the coil, or use the cooling coil at top of still and forget the
                                doubler.. also if I do that then I should Wait till my rig heats up all
                                the way and starts dripping Then turn on reflux coil, And then the
                                drips should stop right. and I will let it go like this for 2 or 3
                                hours then back off on coolent. to let the vapor pass at that point.
                                HEEHEE, yep No clue.. so sorry. damn wheres a good spot to learn, GO to
                                check out Homedistiller site.. Not trying to be lazy bro. I have read
                                this so many times it Just aint sinking in.. but I am going to read
                                more,, Thanks Uncle "kracker" Jesse LOL