One more post

  • Jesse
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 1 5:49 PM
      I was just at a Site that I had never seen before. It is the Home
      distiller forums ANd I see that my name was in A couple of post there..
      Also Pintoshine Was talking about getting High proof. He was saying
      that it is not Safe to drink anything over 86%abv And that to get
      anything Higher than 96 you need to use chemical.. I am finding that
      this is a good place to read up on some real info..
      but what I am wondering is on the 86%abv why is it not safe, Because
      of the ABV or does it have something else in there at that high of a
      percent... that would make since to me.. That it is just to strong FOr
      a normal person.. Hope this is the case and it now has made me realize
      that I will probably not make my mark of 92% or better.. Unless I am
      just understanding wrong.. thanks on any Replys,, Uncle jesse
    • KM Services

        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 1 6:38 PM

          I was just at a Site that I had never seen before. It is the Home
          distiller forums ANd I see that my name was in A couple of post there..
          Also Pintoshine Was talking about getting High proof. He was saying
          that it is not Safe to drink anything over 86%abv And that to get
          anything Higher than 96 you need to use chemical.. I am finding that
          this is a good place to read up on some real info..

          Jesse,

          The best you can do is, I believe, around 96.5%ABV? unless distilled in a vacuum and too be honest the difference in taste of 90%ABV and 95%ABV is bugger all. With us Hobby distillers on both distillers sites it is the obsession of achieving near perfect purity, once you crack 80, you want to crack 90 and so on

          Cheers Ken Mc

          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 1 7:01 PM

            Ahhhhh "Uncle" Jesse,

            First off, why do you think I quotate your "Uncle" part on your name (sorry im still laughing so hard..) The real Uncle Jesse (your namesake) is one of the Moderators of that forum and has been for a while - he also developed an original Corn Whiskey Sour Mash method that everyone calls the "UJSM". There is a whole seperate posting site there for just his recipe - go to:
            http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=725&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=285&sid=a977d45d6512adf40be3864129222151

            Also Sherman - Pint O Shine - has his own posting area too.  They say its the biggest around, but me thinks between us and the Advanced Distillers, we have more members (as well as more educated).  Im a member there too, but didnt like the way it was moderated :):):).

            But anyways, your really dont want to drink that high a proof alcohol - I mean the highest proof sold is Barcardi's 151  and Everclear thats like 190 something,  but they are ment to be mixed.  Otherwise you will friggin kill yourself.  Not to mention the optimum aging level for wihskeys, rums and brandy is around 125 proof.  Also, the law states that our Bourbons and Tennessee Whiskeys cannot be distilled higher the 160 proof.

            Vino Es Veritas,

            Jim.   (still ROTFLMFAO).......

            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 1 7:02 PM
              I also wanted to add I Have Found where to get my barrels. This site
              has 2,5,7,20,30,56 Gallon barrels, Minnesota White oak or You can get
              French, American or Hungarian Spirals or cubes.. So I was most in to
              the Barrels As I found them In New Condition and They will toast or
              char to your prefrence, They are only 185.00 for the 5 gallon sized
              barrel. This I thought to be great. considering that I was looking a a
              way bigger price than that on a Used Jd barrel. Yes I know that the
              used one will add some of there flavor.. But I want my own to maybe
              produce my own flavor,, who know I may make it better than JD,., Yea
              right. but no the less. Was excited about this, and can;t wait till
              payday.. Wooo If you guys know of anywhere cheaper that will have new
              barrels then please let me know... Thanks Uncle Jesse. Just in
              case you want to see it to here is the link to the site.. Use
              navagation on left of screen to get there its Under Yep you guessed it
              OAK Barrels,,, LOL Thanks again

              http://www.homebrewit.com/

              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 1 7:19 PM
                wrote:

                > I was just at a Site that I had never seen before. It is the Home
                > distiller forums ANd I see that my name was in A couple of post
                there..

                Ermmm....You'll see that name in more than a couple of posts. Uncle
                Jesse is the OWNER & site admin of Homedistiller. You stole his
                handle. We let ya run with it for $h!t$ & grins.
                I hear he's a testy cuss sometimes too, so ya might wanna use a
                different screen name there. ;)

                PS
                (Apologies, Dave. Just pullin' yer leg.) <G>
                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 1 7:31 PM
                  LOL, Beat ya to it Harry,
                  Jim.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 1 7:36 PM

                    Ahhhhh "Uncle" Jesse,

                    First off, why do you think I quotate your "Uncle" part on your name (sorry im still laughing so hard..) The real Uncle Jesse (your namesake) is one of the Moderators of that forum and has been for a while - he also developed an original Corn Whiskey Sour Mash method that everyone calls the "UJSM". There is a whole seperate posting site there for just his recipe - go to:
                    http://homedistille r.org/forum/ viewtopic. php?t=725&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=285&sid=a977d45d6512adf 40be386412922215 1

                    Jim,

                    I to was a bit confused at the start with “Crisp’s” handle and questions he was asking? Having been a member of distillers for a number of years

                    Cheers Ken Mc

                  • daddyman00126
                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 1 7:45 PM
                      5 shots of 180 proof and I will forget what happened the rest of the
                      night. You do not want to mess with it. It still haunts me of the
                      lost time and what I did during that lost time.

                      Don't go there it is a bad place :( (I think, I cant remember)

                      The best for last
                      BILL1BURP

                      ____snip____

                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 1 7:49 PM
                        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "KM Services"
                        <km_services@...> wrote:

                        > Mate,
                        >
                        > The Human body can only take so much alcohol at anyone time and
                        drinking
                        > 86%ABV would probably fry your liver if you drank too much more
                        than a sip
                        > un-cut, certainly not what you would have session on. I think I read
                        > somewhere about alcohol poisoning that drinking around 600mls of
                        100 proof
                        > (50%ABV) in under 2 hours is considered a lethal dose . Any way if
                        high
                        > purity is cut to a sensible level of around 40% ABV and enjoyed
                        sensibly
                        > then the body can handle it and the liver and kidneys do their job
                        without
                        > problems, punish them with High ABV well do I need to say more..

                        No sir, I got ya. I too have read the parts where it tells you how
                        your body will proccess alcohol, Plus I have over 40 freakin classes
                        under my belt (DWI Class)Not proud by no means,. But I am well aware
                        of the dangers of the intake. But I know lots of people from the Cut
                        (Country) That Drink it like that, I was more worried that It has
                        some trace items in it.. BUt thanks Bro as all ways/// UJ
                      • Jesse
                        Message 11 of 16 , Apr 1 7:59 PM
                          You aint kidding either, That's Right on the money, You just picked my
                          number with that paragraph, So now I will make myself Be happy if I can
                          have a Good 80% at least then when I cut it, It will double. So that
                          will be fair. I am kool with that. Other wise I need to go to
                          school, Or ask You guys ten millon Qestions and then Need you to get a
                          Crayon and Construction paper to draw it out,, I am more of a verble
                          Guy I need to have hand on or be there. Which I see that I can give
                          that up and Hope that My intake will get better.. (Intake=reading
                          ablity, and spelling)LOL Thanks Ken as always Uncle Jesse

                          > Jesse,
                          >
                          > The best you can do is, I believe, around 96.5%ABV? unless distilled
                          in a
                          > vacuum and too be honest the difference in taste of 90%ABV and 95%ABV
                          is
                          > bugger all. With us Hobby distillers on both distillers sites it is
                          the
                          > obsession of achieving near perfect purity, once you crack 80, you
                          want to
                          > crack 90 and so on
                          >
                          > Cheers Ken Mc

                        • Jesse
                          Message 12 of 16 , Apr 1 8:02 PM
                            <jamesonbeam1@...> wrote:

                            > Ahhhhh "Uncle" Jesse,
                            >
                            > First off, why do you think I quotate your "Uncle" part on your name
                            > (sorry im still laughing so hard..) The real Uncle Jesse (your
                            namesake)
                            > is one of the Moderators of that forum and has been for a while - he
                            > also developed an original Corn Whiskey Sour Mash method that everyone
                            > calls the "UJSM". There is a whole seperate posting site there for
                            just

                            LOLOLO Thats kool, Good I thought that I was making head lines every
                            where With my awardLOLOOLLOL, No but I thought somebody was using me as
                            an example, cause it was set up as an example and it used that name,
                            and it even refered to this web site,, But I looked some more and I see
                            now,,LOL It was YEa everything is everything,
                          • Jesse
                            Message 13 of 16 , Apr 1 8:37 PM
                              ---Yes sir,
                              I wouldn't post there anyways, Not up to par yet, But I seen that
                              After reading futher, Hey I didnt pick the name Either, It was given,
                              and then I took it that way.. BUt I can lose it just the same. No hard
                              feelings or nothing.. I didnt know ANd Hes an Good One the way one UJ
                              should be, Holding Lots of Knowledge, So I can go back to Crisp or what
                              ever. Its no biggie.. Thanks Crisp.

                              Message 14 of 16 , Apr 1 9:00 PM
                                Jesse,
                                Really its no big deal - Uncle Jesse isnt his real name either and he
                                never played a part in "Dukes of Hazzard". The Original Uncle Jessie,
                                or Jesse Duke, was played by Denver Pyle who died on Dec. 25th, 1997.

                                In the new movie put out in 2005, Uncle Jesse was played by my
                                favorite country singer, Willie Nelson...

                                But yes, if you do post there - use your Carolina Crisp name - your
                                also going to need a picture and saying to go along with it.... if
                                you go to the link I showed you and look on page 24, you will see
                                some of my postings.. But they will start classifying you as
                                an "apprentice", "swill maker", "bootlegger", etc. None of which I
                                appreciated. To me that was downright degrading - just depending on
                                the number of posting you make - not based on your knowledge....

                                Vino es Veritas,
                                Jim.

                                Message 15 of 16 , Apr 2 4:22 AM
                                  Shop around some more Jesse,

                                  Heres just the first site I pulled up -
                                  http://www.bucket-outlet.com/toastedbarrels.htm

                                  5 gallon toasted American oak barrel - 161.99.
                                  Also try E-bay.

                                  Vino es Veritas,
                                  Jim.

                                  wrote:

                                  > I also wanted to add I Have Found where to get my barrels. This
                                  site
                                  > has 2,5,7,20,30,56 Gallon barrels, Minnesota White oak or You can
                                  get
                                  > French, American or Hungarian Spirals or cubes.. So I was most in
                                  > the Barrels As I found them In New Condition and They will toast or
                                  > char to your prefrence, They are only 185.00 for the 5 gallon sized
                                  > barrel. This I thought to be great. considering that I was looking
                                  a a
                                  > way bigger price than that on a Used Jd barrel. Yes I know that the
                                  > used one will add some of there flavor.. But I want my own to maybe
                                  > produce my own flavor,, who know I may make it better than JD,.,
                                  Yea
                                  > right. but no the less. Was excited about this, and can;t wait till
                                  > payday.. Wooo If you guys know of anywhere cheaper that will have
                                  new
                                  > barrels then please let me know... Thanks Uncle Jesse. Just
                                  in
                                  > case you want to see it to here is the link to the site.. Use
                                  > navagation on left of screen to get there its Under Yep you guessed
                                  it
                                  > OAK Barrels,,, LOL Thanks again
                                  >
                                  > http://www.homebrewit.com/

                                • Jesse
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Apr 2 5:57 AM
                                    <jamesonbeam1@...> wrote:

                                    > Shop around some more Jesse,
                                    >
                                    > Heres just the first site I pulled up -
                                    > http://www.bucket-outlet.com/toastedbarrels.htm
                                    >
                                    > 5 gallon toasted American oak barrel - 161.99.
                                    > Also try E-bay.
                                    >
                                    > Vino es Veritas,
                                    > Jim.

                                    Thanks Jim,
                                    got that link too, thanks .. I don't understand. I must not know how
                                    to use the search engines right, I try every keyword I can think of
                                    with little results. You guys can use it once and find everything.
                                    PS I know you may have read a little on my post about the still head
                                    being cooled with the coil on the out side.. anyways Just wanted your
                                    intake on it please.(YoU are usually the deciding factor on my behalf.)
                                    SO get a crayon and let me know>LOL Should I keep the doubler and
                                    forget the coil, or use the cooling coil at top of still and forget the
                                    doubler.. also if I do that then I should Wait till my rig heats up all
                                    the way and starts dripping Then turn on reflux coil, And then the
                                    drips should stop right. and I will let it go like this for 2 or 3
                                    hours then back off on coolent. to let the vapor pass at that point.
                                    HEEHEE, yep No clue.. so sorry. damn wheres a good spot to learn, GO to
                                    check out Homedistiller site.. Not trying to be lazy bro. I have read
                                    this so many times it Just aint sinking in.. but I am going to read
                                    more,, Thanks Uncle "kracker" Jesse LOL