Re: Stater kit... Sort of.

  • rye_junkie
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2008
      <jamesonbeam1@...> wrote:

      > Note:
      >
      > Not to mention all the vitamins and minerals included for those
      > yeasties (read ingredients) - also most brands of corn flakes come
      > with Malt flavoring or extract :).
      >
      > Vino es Veritas,
      > Jim.

      Yea, I didnt mention that because the molasses also carry a lot of
      nutrients. Also greg, you would use the cornflakes instead of the
      crispies now. I have tried this recipe with and with out the Grandmas
      Molasses and I definitely prefer it with.

      Mason
      Gettin' thirsty just talkin' 'bout it.
    • Greg
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2008
        Thanks guy's.I do beleive that I'm more of a hands on type and once I
        see it in action I will get the whole picture and then my ?'s will
        thin out (hopefully for you) :)
        Greg

        <jamesonbeam1@...> wrote:

        > Note:
        >
        > Not to mention all the vitamins and minerals included for those
        > yeasties (read ingredients) - also most brands of corn flakes come
        > with Malt flavoring or extract :).
        >
        > Vino es Veritas,
        > Jim.
        >

        > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "rye_junkie" <rye_junkie@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gapremodeling@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > -
        > > Thx Mason. I think I'm putting the horse/cart into play here.I
        want
        > > to use corn in my recipe and with this in mind, do I need to
        > > substitute corn for the amount of sugar and so on. Bakers yeast!
        Can
        > > I steal this from my wife's cooking supply? I'm ready to go in
        the
        > am
        > > If anyone can add thx.
        >

        > Greg,
        > You can do this a couple of ways. The easiest is to crush up a large
        > box of corn flakes in a blender or food processor almost to powder.
        > prefer a blender so I can blend with water. If you just add the
        > powdered corn flakes to the water they will clump. Not really any
        > need to cook but you can if you wish. The other is to use corn meal
        > but this method really requires the use of malted barley to be
        > effective and easy in my opinion. As for yeast just make sure it is
        > "Active dry" not the "Rapid Rise" stuff. Flieshmans or red star are
        > fine. I prefer red star. The corn flakes may sound a little "flaky"
        > but they work nicely, They are cheap and transfer a lot of corn
        > flavor into the finished product. You may want to consider not doing
        > this in your carboy at this point now though. Run down to walmart
        and
        > get yourself a Sterilite storage container and use it for your
        > fermenter. You will find it worth the 6 bucks. The brand of plastic
        > container is safe for our hobby and a fraction of the cost of a brew
        > shop fermenter.
        >
        > Mason

      • rye_junkie
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1, 2008
          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gapremodeling@...> wrote:

          > Thanks guy's.I do beleive that I'm more of a hands on type and once I
          > see it in action I will get the whole picture and then my ?'s will
          > thin out (hopefully for you) :)
          > Greg

          We don't mind really.

          Mason