Re: Going Big (II)

  • castillo.alex2008
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2008
      <jamesonbeam1@...> wrote:

      > Hello Castillo,
      >
      > And welcome aboard. But may I ask one or two dumb questions first.
      >
      > What type of material is this 55 gallon boiler made of and why are
      > you making so much hootch at one time??? (I hope its not a 55
      gallon
      > steel drum, that might have had chemical waste in it...)
      >
      > Vino es Veritas,
      > Jim.
      >
      > PS. A 10,000 - 20,000 fps blower would probably suck you and the
      > still outside as well as the flammable vapors :):):).
      >
      > Vino es Veritas,
      > Jim.
      >

      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "castillo.alex2008"
      > <castillo.alex2008@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Ok guys nothing of propane stove inside, but how should I do it
      for
      > > distilling that amount of mash, using several little boilers or
      > heating
      > > using a big hotplate or some other electric device?

      Jim, The idea is producing alcohol as both: fuel and hootch. The fuel
      part to begin a micro distillery (say 1000 gals month). I also belong
      to a forum called alcoholfuel and one of the moderators suggested the
      use of drums (they are made of iron I think and I´ll clean them
      before using) the idea is then to get the proper heating element in
      matters of available space, costs, etc. About the hootch, I think
      I´m on my way of buying all the necessary appareal from brewhaus,
      namely still, fermentation things, little 1500 W hotplate, and even
      essences and / or an oak drum, etc. Thinking in your experiences
      (yours and olders in this forum) any advice wil be wellcome. Around
      here (Dominican Republic) the goverment recently legalized and passed
      the law encouriging the production of alcohol for fuel, including tax
      free during ten years, I think. In the drinking matter getting a
      permit is not big issue and if they discovered that you are
      moonshining probably they´ll go to ask for a drink!
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 31, 2008
        AHHHHHHH Great Alex,

        Now me understands... Takes a while someimes :):):).
        Please feel free to ask any questions you want - will be glad to
        answer them... Tell me what you getting - may have some tips.

        Vino es Veritas,
        Jim
        (Co-Moderator)