Re: I am the student you are the teachers...here is what I have learned so far

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 30, 2008
      LOL Harry,

      Well put - what I was trying to say.

      Vino es Veritas,
      Jim.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "pussycataprilia" <try.it@...>
      wrote:

      > I have already done so.
      > correct me if I am wrong... we are working off of basic electricity
      > and distilling principle here, regardless of column etc... correct?

      Sort of correct. But you wanted to get your PDA-1 operational
      first. Yes we do know about power control etc. but that comes after
      the thing is able to make product, not just steam.

      Many of the stills and reflux still columns seen here are home
      fabricated by people with just enough technical knowledge to get
      something working reasonably well.

      Your PDA-1 is way more upmarket. It's a compound column designed and
      fabricated by chemical engineers using all available technical tools
      & equations. It is a properly balanced column regarding size, power
      separation, heat transfer and output. Call it the Rolls Royce of kit
      for personal hobby sized production. If you own a Roller, you don't
      get Mitsubishi to give it a tune-up. :)

      That's not to say that we Mitsu guys don't know how, but Roller
      makers know more about their product and should be the first port of
      call. :)