Re: Second Distillation

  • Sherman
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2008
      It depends on your setup to whether you dilute or not.
      If I can collect 13 gallons of 45% then I don't dilute at all because
      I know I will have a minimum of 5 gallons of water left in the boiler
      on the second run. So there are no worries of running dry on the
      second run. That is really the main consideration is to not ever run
      your rig dry or a submerged element either.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "just me" <hifa222@...> wrote:

      > you should use water to dilute your first run. here is a link that
      is real helpful. http://homedistiller.org/frontpage.htm. depending on
      what type of wash you are doing you may want to save your spent wash(
      if rum it is called dunder and backset for corn?). i hope this helps.