Re: [new_distillers] Champagne

  • confederaterebel@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2002
      My ol'lady found this on the web. It's called Baldrick's Piss Easy Champagne.

      1 bottle white grape juice
      1 grain of bread yeast

      open bottle and drope the grain in
      put cap on loose for one week
      put cap on tight until clear

      ain't tried it so i don't know how well it will work

      Bill
    • Ian Macsween
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2002
        CHAMPAGNE

        INGREDIENTS EQUIPMENT

        Clear, stable wine 5
        30-oz. soft drink bottles per gallon
        3 oz. corn sugar per gallon 5
        champagne bottles per gallon
        Stabilizer tablets
        crown caps
        Wine yeast
        champagne stoppers
        Sugar syrup for sweetening champagne
        wires
        (2 parts sugar to 1 part water) deep freeze

        1. Syphon clear, stable wine from gallon jugs or carboy into primary
        fermentor.

        2. Dissolve 3 oz. of corn sugar per gal. in a small amount of the wine to
        make a syrup.

        3. Stir sugar syrup and 1 package of wine yeast into the wine, mixing
        thoroughly.

        4. Syphon into 30 oz. soft drink bottles and cap with crown caps.

        5. Store upright in a dark, cool (60-65 degrees F.) place for 3 months.

        6. Open one bottle and see if desired amount of sparkle has developed.

        7. Prepare champagne bottles. To each bottle add one Stabilizer tablet
        that has been crushed and dissolved in a little water.
        -for a SWEET champagne add 2 fluid oz. of sugar syrup per bottle,
        -for a MEDIUM SWEET champagne add 1 fluid oz. of sugar syrup per bottle,
        -for a BRUT or DRY champagne do not add any syrup.

        8. Place champagne bottles and soft drink bottles upright in a deep freeze.
        Chill for two to three hours until ice crystals begin to form on the bottom
        of the bottles containing the wine.

        9. Working with one bottle of wine at a time, remove crown cap and syphon
        wine into champagne bottle. Insert plastic champagne stopper and wire down.
        Repeat this operation until all the wine has been syphoned into the
        champagne bottles.

        10. When wine reaches room temperature agitate bottles to mix syrup and
        stabilizer.

        Age standing upright for three to four months.

        Serve well chilled.

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2002
          Make a dry white wine then carbonate it as you would beer.