Re: [new_distillers] Champagne
- My ol'lady found this on the web. It's called Baldrick's Piss Easy Champagne.
1 bottle white grape juice
1 grain of bread yeast
open bottle and drope the grain in
put cap on loose for one week
put cap on tight until clear
ain't tried it so i don't know how well it will work
Clear, stable wine 5
30-oz. soft drink bottles per gallon
3 oz. corn sugar per gallon 5
champagne bottles per gallon
Sugar syrup for sweetening champagne
(2 parts sugar to 1 part water) deep freeze
1. Syphon clear, stable wine from gallon jugs or carboy into primary
2. Dissolve 3 oz. of corn sugar per gal. in a small amount of the wine to
make a syrup.
3. Stir sugar syrup and 1 package of wine yeast into the wine, mixing
4. Syphon into 30 oz. soft drink bottles and cap with crown caps.
5. Store upright in a dark, cool (60-65 degrees F.) place for 3 months.
6. Open one bottle and see if desired amount of sparkle has developed.
7. Prepare champagne bottles. To each bottle add one Stabilizer tablet
that has been crushed and dissolved in a little water.
-for a SWEET champagne add 2 fluid oz. of sugar syrup per bottle,
-for a MEDIUM SWEET champagne add 1 fluid oz. of sugar syrup per bottle,
-for a BRUT or DRY champagne do not add any syrup.
8. Place champagne bottles and soft drink bottles upright in a deep freeze.
Chill for two to three hours until ice crystals begin to form on the bottom
of the bottles containing the wine.
9. Working with one bottle of wine at a time, remove crown cap and syphon
wine into champagne bottle. Insert plastic champagne stopper and wire down.
Repeat this operation until all the wine has been syphoned into the
10. When wine reaches room temperature agitate bottles to mix syrup and
Age standing upright for three to four months.
Serve well chilled.
NOTE: Wine that contains more than 11% alcohol by volume or has any
residual sugar is not suitable for making champagne.
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 8:28 AM
Subject: [new_distillers] Champagne
> How do you make Champagne?
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Great stuff seeking new owners in Yahoo! Auctions!
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/