Champagne

  • Craig Huggins
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1 8:28 AM
      How do you make Champagne?

      http://auctions.yahoo.com
    • confederaterebel@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1 8:58 AM
        My ol'lady found this on the web. It's called Baldrick's Piss Easy Champagne.

        1 bottle white grape juice
        1 grain of bread yeast

        open bottle and drope the grain in
        put cap on loose for one week
        put cap on tight until clear

        ain't tried it so i don't know how well it will work

        Bill
      • Ian Macsween
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1 12:48 PM
          CHAMPAGNE

          INGREDIENTS EQUIPMENT

          Clear, stable wine 5
          30-oz. soft drink bottles per gallon
          3 oz. corn sugar per gallon 5
          champagne bottles per gallon
          Stabilizer tablets
          crown caps
          Wine yeast
          champagne stoppers
          Sugar syrup for sweetening champagne
          wires
          (2 parts sugar to 1 part water) deep freeze

          1. Syphon clear, stable wine from gallon jugs or carboy into primary
          fermentor.

          2. Dissolve 3 oz. of corn sugar per gal. in a small amount of the wine to
          make a syrup.

          3. Stir sugar syrup and 1 package of wine yeast into the wine, mixing
          thoroughly.

          4. Syphon into 30 oz. soft drink bottles and cap with crown caps.

          5. Store upright in a dark, cool (60-65 degrees F.) place for 3 months.

          6. Open one bottle and see if desired amount of sparkle has developed.

          7. Prepare champagne bottles. To each bottle add one Stabilizer tablet
          that has been crushed and dissolved in a little water.
          -for a SWEET champagne add 2 fluid oz. of sugar syrup per bottle,
          -for a MEDIUM SWEET champagne add 1 fluid oz. of sugar syrup per bottle,
          -for a BRUT or DRY champagne do not add any syrup.

          8. Place champagne bottles and soft drink bottles upright in a deep freeze.
          Chill for two to three hours until ice crystals begin to form on the bottom
          of the bottles containing the wine.

          9. Working with one bottle of wine at a time, remove crown cap and syphon
          wine into champagne bottle. Insert plastic champagne stopper and wire down.
          Repeat this operation until all the wine has been syphoned into the
          champagne bottles.

          10. When wine reaches room temperature agitate bottles to mix syrup and
          stabilizer.

          Age standing upright for three to four months.

          Serve well chilled.

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1 1:57 PM
            Make a dry white wine then carbonate it as you would beer.