Miracle-gro round 2

  • cornfed62
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2002
      http://www.vashoncam.com/ticket5/nitrate.html
      This one states that distilation and reverse osmosis are the only
      methods that will remove nitrates. SO I guess it would be safe for
      this hobby as long as nothing is drunk without distillation first.
      They listed the quote that I remember from my public health
      notice. "Since nitrates are highly soluble, boiling the water does
      not remove them from the solution. Standard filtration systems will
      not remove nitrates either, and only processes such as distillation
      or reverse osmosis are known to have any effect on reducing or
      removing nitrate from water, but they are expensive, high energy
      consuming and relatively inefficient systems that tend to waste water
      as well."

      Cheers